Looking for my first Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shorrax86

Reaction score
Hi All!

New here and learning about Raptors and how much you all love your trucks. I've been casually looking to purchase one and finally got the okay from the wife to start seriously looking and found have found a few but nothing that checked all the boxes. I found this 2019 Raptor that checks all of the boxes plus a few I don't really care about, like the graphics and the blue interior but it is out of my local market which gives me a little heartburn. Was just wanting to get the communities thoughts on this one linked above. What are peoples experience with the blue interior? Anything I should be looking for with the truck. Price seems really fair for the current market, especially with Raptors. I have the carfax and its been serviced regularly and had all the recalls fixed for the cam phaser.

Thanks for the input!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you going to hate the blue everytime you get in it? For Some folks, thats a deal killer.

OP
OP
Shorrax86

Shorrax86

Reaction score
Are you going to hate the blue everytime you get in it? For Some folks, thats a deal killer.
No not at all. I think the seats are pretty rad just cant say I'd select that option if I was buying the truck new. I can live with the blue color. But if there was the exact same truck with the normal black interior id pick that one over this one.... I think. I havent ever seen the blue interior in real life.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No not at all. I think the seats are pretty rad just cant say I'd select that option if I was buying the truck new. I can live with the blue color. But if there was the exact same truck with the normal black interior id pick that one over this one.... I think. I havent ever seen the blue interior in real life.
Never seen it in real life either, looks pretty nice. I'd never seen the red and black in mine till I showed up to look at it. Now I love it

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're seriously looking at that truck first thing I would do is ask for an oasis report from your local ford dealer and see if there are any outstanding recalls/tsb's. Next would be a very thorough inspection from all side, bring a flash light and be willing to lay under it. the good part is at least it's still under warranty.

I have the blue interior and I prefer alcantara to leather. The blue is subtle and is not as in your face as people make it out to be. The bolsters are more aggressive than the standard seat yet the center section is softer. I opted for a race red exterior so you think that combo would look ridiculous yet no one has ever told me that. Go see it in person and take it all in so you know for sure.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a blue interior works with a white or blue exterior truck, and maybe light silver. I had Recaro seats on 3 sports cars and absolutely loved them.

OP
OP
Shorrax86

Shorrax86

Reaction score
I haven’t yet, got a little nervous with it being so far away (roughly 1700 miles). It’s still available according to the dealers site. Was hoping to find something a little closer to home but nothing has come up yet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF and thank you for helping to rid the world of the scourge of the prius ;-)

It looks good in the pics, but you’d be talking about either delivery or taking a trip.

@nmp1 hit the nail on the head, heck I did that kind of inspection on my Rap and I bought her new. You’ve got a high mile ’19, probably a lot of highway in there, which is really easy on things. I wouldn’t buy one of these sight unseen but then... I’ve never bought any vehicle sight unseen and I’m a bit persnickety about large purchases like that.

I like the truck and if I were looking, I’d be interested. In the current market, it doesn’t seem horrible. I’m not excited about the price but it beats 80+K for a new one. If it’s got the cam phaser and recalls done, the only major thing to really be concerned about is the moon roof, which takes a little TLC. Keep it lubed and pop to vent before opening to the rear & off road with confidence.

Actually, now that I think about it, my wife’s s00b is getting a little long in the tooth and who wouldn’t want a 2nd Raptor? Hmm....

OP
OP
Shorrax86

Shorrax86

Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Did you bring that Raptor home yet?
Welcome to FRF and thank you for helping to rid the world of the scourge of the prius ;-)

It looks good in the pics, but you’d be talking about either delivery or taking a trip.

@nmp1 hit the nail on the head, heck I did that kind of inspection on my Rap and I bought her new. You’ve got a high mile ’19, probably a lot of highway in there, which is really easy on things. I wouldn’t buy one of these sight unseen but then... I’ve never bought any vehicle sight unseen and I’m a bit persnickety about large purchases like that.

I like the truck and if I were looking, I’d be interested. In the current market, it doesn’t seem horrible. I’m not excited about the price but it beats 80+K for a new one. If it’s got the cam phaser and recalls done, the only major thing to really be concerned about is the moon roof, which takes a little TLC. Keep it lubed and pop to vent before opening to the rear & off road with confidence.

Actually, now that I think about it, my wife’s s00b is getting a little long in the tooth and who wouldn’t want a 2nd Raptor? Hmm....
The website im looking at the truck through gives you 7 days or 400 miles to drive the car/ truck for “free”. The shipping fee ($695) isn’t refundable but they’ll take the truck back if i don’t want it or if i was to get it and there was a terrible glaring issue with something. I have the CarFax report and all the cam phaser work has been completed, tires rotated and oil changed regularly. According to the carfax they just put on new tires about 5k miles ago and had it aligned and the brakes inspected. I don’t know i don’t like making big purchases sight unseen either but this seems like a way to hedge the worries. ‍♂️