Looking for Morimoto XB headlight installation video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and there is only ONE correct way, the way your link says and what I've described - the rest is all nonsense.
Did I miss it, or do those instructions not mention anything about having the beam 2” lower than the center of the headlights, though? It clearly says to adjust the headlights so that the top of the headlight beam is at the same level as the reference line (which is marked at the same height as the center of the headlights).

So, there’s still some disparity in which way to do it, right?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did I miss it, or do those instructions not mention anything about having the beam 2” lower than the center of the headlights, though? It clearly says to adjust the headlights so that the top of the headlight beam is at the same level as the reference line (which is marked at the same height as the center of the headlights).

So, there’s still some disparity in which way to do it, right?
As i mentioned in a previous post, for cars with a headlight (centerline) height of around 35 inches OR LESS, you aim to the measured height at 25 feet away. so if it’s 30 inches from center light to ground you have your cutoff set to 30 inches at 25 feet. If your centerline of the light is OVER 35 inches then you go -2.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As i mentioned in a previous post, for cars with a headlight (centerline) height of around 35 inches OR LESS, you aim to the measured height at 25 feet away. so if it’s 30 inches from center light to ground you have your cutoff set to 30 inches at 25 feet. If your centerline of the light is OVER 35 inches then you go -2.
That manual excerpt was from a 2019 F-150, though, which clearly must have a headlight centerline height of >35", right? So, why doesn't that mention anything about the -2"?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I disagree with your method or don't think it's correct, I'm just stating that I still haven't seen it written in a manual anywhere, and clearly people get confused by the lack of correct information that's available...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe it is just a generic insert? The pic in the manual clearly shows a car, not a truck so IDK.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine today this was a great post. Did you also have a connector with a black and white wire that had no mate? I haven't tapped any fuses yet (will try 14 tomorrow),but everything else for me works.
This is an old post, hoping you are still on the forum. Did you ever determine what the connector that has no mate was for? I’m installing a set of XB headlights on my 2019 and I’m to that point. There are no connectors anywhere that would mate to that plug. The wires look to be black and grey on my plug.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is an old post, hoping you are still on the forum. Did you ever determine what the connector that has no mate was for? I’m installing a set of XB headlights on my 2019 and I’m to that point. There are no connectors anywhere that would mate to that plug. The wires look to be black and grey on my plug.

Check out our youtube video. It'll save you a lot of headaches figuring out the wiring. It's an old video but very helpful: