Looking for Morimoto XB headlight installation video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark McAwesome

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you have quite a bit of lift on your truck, and larger tires than stock? I'm running Eibach springs with stock tires on my 2019, and it's about 39.5" to the center of my Morimotos (34" to the bottom, and 45" to the top). Your 44" measurement sounds high to me, but maybe I'm just sagging a LOT in front... :eek:View attachment 369638
The little dot on your headlight is at 41” I’ll reverify my measurement. I also have Eibachs, other than that stock suspension but I run 35x12.5r20 tires

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be measuring the light beam at the headlight and light beam at the wall. Then the light beam should be dropped two inches at the wall. Don't measure the actual height of the headlight housing. lol So if the light beam is 44in at the headlight it should be 42in at the wall.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should be measuring the light beam at the headlight and light beam at the wall. Then the light beam should be dropped two inches at the wall. Don't measure the actual height of the headlight housing. lol So if the light beam is 44in at the headlight it should be 42in at the wall.
What? The dot he pointed out is the CENTER of the head light. You need to know that measurement. If it is 43" on his truck, he will want to aim his lights about 2" below that at @25 feet away.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? The dot he pointed out is the CENTER of the head light. You need to know that measurement. If it is 43" on his truck, he will want to aim his lights about 2" below that at @25 feet away.
I work at a body shop and that's how we do it. :shrug:

Mark McAwesome

Reaction score
Yes, the front page instructions left that piece out about the 2” under, I’ve adjusted to 41” on the wall at 25’ away for my trucks purposes

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't mean it is the correct way. You have to know the center of the light so you can measure from there to the ground.
Just measure top of the beam to top of the beam. If you're going to measure from the center of the headlight how are you going to measure the center of the beam pattern on the wall? You can't without guessing. Those alignment dots are meant to be used with machinery that can only be found at dealerships and maybe corporate body shops. Even then they are rarely used because everyone measures off the beam pattern.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just measure top of the beam to top of the beam. If you're going to measure from the center of the headlight how are you going to measure the center of the beam pattern on the wall? You can't without guessing. Those alignment dots are meant to be used with machinery that can only be found at dealerships and maybe corporate body shops. Even then they are rarely used because everyone measures off the beam pattern.
What do you mean by "measure top of the beam to top of the beam"?

I once saw a video about headlight alignment, and it basically had you pull up close to the wall and mark the top of the beam, and then back away a certain distance and have you adjust the headlights so that they were somewhere in comparison to that first mark. I don't know if it was 2" lower or not, and I don't remember how far you were supposed to back away, since I can't find the video now. Maybe that's what you mean by measuring top of beam to top of beam? Either way, that sounds like an easy way to make sure your lights are pointed down 2" over 25' if you were to do it that way...right?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What? The dots are used to measure the distance from the dot to the ground. It is an absolute measurement - while i still don’t understand what you are saying it sure sounds like your method is guessing.