Looking for King bypass 3.5 16s or 18s 5 valve or Fox in stock for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im buying the through the bed rack and can't find any shocks for +4 deavers and and RPG steel +2 shackles. Please lmk. Ready to rock. Thanks again

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
not sure why you'd run extended shackles, but i'd ask whoever youre buying the bedrack through.

You might have good luck with camburg or sdhq.

OP
OP
Mikee Martin

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The longer shackles allow for more travel, the rear end articulates much easier. With the +2 shackles, the leaves or eye fits right in when suspension goes up, drops better when it goes down. All 3 major suppliers agree on this. Hope that explains everything

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks. The longer shackles allow for more travel, the rear end articulates much easier. With the +2 shackles, the leaves or eye fits right in when suspension goes up, drops better when it goes down. All 3 major suppliers agree on this. Hope that explains everything
let me know how it works out for you. the shackles create an eccentric arc which the traction bars, by design, prevent (they provide a constant arc to prevent spring wrap). the result is binding and about 3" LESS downtravel, i was shown this in SVC's shop, by them.

NotStock

Reaction score
What do you mean by eccentric arc? Trying to understand the issue. Seems like longer shackles would be almost necessary with the higher arc of the spring and longer flattened length.

Now I can see the issue of losing droop since you are shoving the spring up, potentially pushing some of the useful travel above the bump height.

Camburg posted a video of their bed cage where they mention binding with longer shackles, but it seemed like the spring was already way outside its useful range anyway.

Curious for more details on what SVC pointed out to you.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what he’s saying is that traction bars and longer shackles will fight each other
without traction bars +2 shackles droop more
my experience is that +2 shackles did not lower the static height 1” ,it was less maybe 1/2”
non hd +4 deavers may not give you the ride height you want with 16” shocks, the rack and shocks add weight and so does the bump kit, get hd springs and decide where you want your static height or you may not add any compression travel only droop and then you’ll be ramming into the bump stop all the time and wrecking them like I did

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was posted on 3/2 from Solo Motorsports, a fab shop in SoCal that is a big King customer. According to him, King is catching up on their backlog. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 667929029.jpg
    667929029.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 22