Looking for Good, Scenic, OR Trails in Colorado, Wyoming, Black Hills Natl Forest areas???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, looking to go on another multi-state driving vacation in the Raptor. Last year, we did alot in Moab, but missed the White Rim trail.

Looking to go up from Houston:

- TX towards Santa Fe in 1st day,
- Then up NW into Colorado(Silverton) area, with a full day stop in Moab.
- From Moab, continue up to Yellowstone

- From Yellowstone, we'll be cutting all the way across Wyoming to the Black Hills Nat'l Forest and Mount Rushmore, before anything happens to it!

- Heading back down, we'll likely hit Rocky Mountain National Park
- Garden of the Gods and Pike's Peak

Doing all this in 2 weeks. Is that too much, and what other trails do you suggest are along the way?

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, been through it. Gorgeous! Looking for "OR" or "Off-Road" trails along the way....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's been around 20 years, so check current conditions, but I recall Engineer Pass being easy and scenic, Imogene Pass being a little tougher and scenic. I can't remember much about Ophir Pass at all, so it probably wasn't particularly tough or scenic in comparison. But everything down near Silverton is scenic, so it's easy to get jaded. And my memory is fading. Thinking about which vehicle I was driving, it was more like 30 years ago ... so road conditions could have changed a lot. Heck, they might be paved by now.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a chance, take highway 12 in Utah. One of the most scenic byways I have ever driven. There are some amazing views and some off-road driving experiences that you would love in the Raptor.