Looking for good mechanic for Gen 2 accessory installs in SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcmanly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
allow me to be the first to admit, I have a slight fear of ******** up my truck for certain installs like jack mounts, on board compressors, lighting etc.. I'm looking for a reputable mechanic or shop in SoCal that can get after it and do it right.
I'm in the Conejo Valley area (Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village) so proximity is a bonus of course, but willing to travel to either Ventura or LA county if need be.
Anybody here have a suggestion?
This is my first thread starter and if I've got it in the wrong spot please let me know and yes, I will post pictures of my ride as soon as I can.
Thank you to all the incredible FRFers here that have given so much of their time and effort to help this forum be the amazing resource it is!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a good car audio shop can do the work. i unfortunately do know of any shops in that area, but i do visit there on occasion. my best friend lives in thousand oaks so i am there once or twice a year. i would look and see what shops there are capable of doing the work. wiring is easy so its not too hard to mess up. you can try and do it yourself. save you a few hundered bucks.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are tons of great shops in Socal, check out RPG, or SVC as your fist stops, if not they prob can help recommend someone.

OP
OP
M

Mcmanly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a good car audio shop can do the work. i unfortunately do know of any shops in that area, but i do visit there on occasion. my best friend lives in thousand oaks so i am there once or twice a year. i would look and see what shops there are capable of doing the work. wiring is easy so its not too hard to mess up. you can try and do it yourself. save you a few hundered bucks.
Good idea, I'll start the search.

OP
OP
M

Mcmanly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are tons of great shops in Socal, check out RPG, or SVC as your fist stops, if not they prob can help recommend someone.
Thank you. I'll check them out. Taking my son on a 9 day trip through Idaho and upon my return we'll be putting some lights on and mounting my compressor. No time left to get this done before then.

818raptor

Reaction score
Good idea, I'll start the search.
i know one in burbank, international auto & radio
5600 Lankershim Blvd
Los Angeles CA 91601
United States
took my gen 2 for the triple fog light kit and he did a good job. my stepdad has known him for over 20+ years

KRGKen

Reaction score
Give me a call over at Evil Manufacturing and I can take care of you as well, have a safe trip

OP
OP
M

Mcmanly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know one in burbank, international auto & radio
5600 Lankershim Blvd
Los Angeles CA 91601
United States
took my gen 2 for the triple fog light kit and he did a good job. my stepdad has known him for over 20+ years
I appreciate it. I will check them out.