Looking for FOG LIGHT KIT suggestions pls!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The main reason I want them is for off roading however, I was thinking about getting the amber small side corner lights as well with the 3 lights per side setup to help cut through dust and fog, with the center lights being white of the spot and flood or diffused lights. I need to do a bit more research to find the difference between flood/diffused/and SAE.

If you are looking at off-roading, then I highly recommend Baja Designs. Check out our Triple Fog Light Kits. Our brackets were built to handle anything you can throw at them off-roading. IN fact, we stand behind that with our Raptor Lifetime Guarantee. If you take a jump the wrong way and something happens to the brackets, they are covered.

I'd recommend

Squadron Pro Wide Cornering
Squadron Pro Driving/Combo
Squadron Pro Spot

If you are about off-roading. Aim the wide cornering below your low beams and you can get away with them on the road. They are not SAE rated, BUT if aimed properly you should have no issues. They'd work good to cover a wide/low pattern off-road. Then your driving/combos fill that in more followed by the Spots for down range (or go with the Racers but we find you don't need racers unless you are racing at night)

Our kits are $50 off right now for Labor Day

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-f...ght-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-build-your-kit/

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell from the pics alone (they don’t do the light color justice). The color is exactly the same as the headlights.
I haven’t seen anything like that on the market. I wish Rigid or BD came out with something similar but I understand that their primary focus is for off-roading.
I also encourage you to look at the video they have for the lights as it is better. I went with the “6.

The last two images are from the video and they provide a better look. Unfortunately mines are washed out by the lights. I can take one in the daylight with them on if you want.

Can you post a pic of what yours looks like with the Diode Dynamics Stage Series 6in? Curious how it looks from the side front angle, and if it’s flush or if the lights are recessed some.

F3D2E1C3-DD17-49FB-B6DC-CB046C9E9D18.jpeg

29D45900-3CEF-43F9-9EE9-ECF2924FA6D7.jpeg

521F1C16-4F6F-4C85-8D0A-63C8F79C445D.jpeg

F3015BA5-762E-4076-8ED4-30A68156E426.jpeg

2FEB4956-1EC8-4701-87E0-E8DAB7B964D5.jpeg

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my light kit done from ORA done. I'll admit I was a little overwhelmed by all the hardware, but after studying the manual for awhile and incredible support from ORA I pulled it off and I even surprised myself. Tyson and Chris are great guys and will help you with any questions you may have while doing your installation. They really do have outstanding customer service.
Few comments about the kit.
1. It's really nice quality. Everything from the hardware to the lights and most importantly the harness.
2. Brackets can't be a little difficult and must be patient and keep an eye on the gasket so it doesn't come off or move while tightening the screws.
3.They give you plenty of spacers and washers to get the lights right where you want them. They give a reference of where to start but you can add based on your liking.
4.Wiring Harness awesome! Cut to length and we'll made. Good wiring. My favorite of the kit.
5. The wiring chart for my 2020 was spot on and matched what they showed on the instructions.
6. It was a piece of cake. All I have to do is wait for it to get dark so that I point and align where I want the lights.
af9d57ccfd00112f25544c00b5757e5e.jpg

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
f602bfdee605ad6e1eadff6c36166833.jpg

That is a badass setup right there. Good choice.

eddro

Reaction score
Just recently purchased my 2020 agate black raptor and have been looking at SO many different fog light kits .

I really want to know which are the best to choose from...

The price obviously vary quite a bit but I see the going price tends to be around $800 and I don't want to drop the doe on one that isn't worth it.

Ive seen some rigid's and some KC's ive liked but am looking to see what others have installed and what they think of them.

Id be interested in seeing or hearing about any other added on or modified lights too.. im looking to eventually get more then just the fog lights.

Pics would be awesome too

14EDF6A2-B8AD-4119-BAF1-60D32E3040F9.jpeg

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the Offroad Alliance Triple Bezel Foglight Kit with the Rigid Midnight Edition Cube lights and a Baja Designs Amber corner light? Would this setup work well for night time in the Nevada desert with the possibility of a lot of dust, as well as foggy conditions in the event I run into it going snow boarding in Utah?

The price of this kit: https://offroadalliance.com/collect...ple-bezels-hardware-bf?variant=30312189853758

seems to be inline with what I am looking to spend and seems to look the best to go on my black on black on black Raptor.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also does Offroad Alliance make a wire harness that can control each pair of lights individually?

Can someone at ORA send me a PM with racing for this kit, with the security hardware and fender liner extenders, with pix?

Thanks ALL

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the Offroad Alliance Triple Bezel Foglight Kit with the Rigid Midnight Edition Cube lights and a Baja Designs Amber corner light? Would this setup work well for night time in the Nevada desert with the possibility of a lot of dust, as well as foggy conditions in the event I run into it going snow boarding in Utah?

The price of this kit: https://offroadalliance.com/collect...ple-bezels-hardware-bf?variant=30312189853758

seems to be inline with what I am looking to spend and seems to look the best to go on my black on black on black Raptor.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also does Offroad Alliance make a wire harness that can control each pair of lights individually?

Can someone at ORA send me a PM with racing for this kit, with the security hardware and fender liner extenders, with pix?

Thanks ALL

Yes we make a wiring harness that can control each pair of lights. PM sent.

koyojo

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with diode dynamics

I have the diode dynamic pods. I have a sport white fog, sport driving (brights), pro amber fog.

I would say the sports are amazing and a great value. The pro is better but not twice as good as the cost reflects. I got mine when they did a 15-20% off sale.

I choose my set up because I wanted to actually be able to run my lights legally on the road. They are all SAE compliant. I can run ether set of fogs at night, I am yet to get flashed because my lights have a bad cut off.

Dude on Tacoma world is a G and tested every fog light. His results and finding are great. I think it is somewhere in here...
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-led-sae-j583-fog-pod-fog-light-review.554813/

B6260396-F175-4D18-84DB-47ECBE156E9C.jpeg

9C42EA35-E066-4EF8-B14C-150929E5A0D8.jpeg

74647179-BDB1-4E40-8DAA-CAB0558AC3E6.jpeg

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the diode dynamic pods. I have a sport white fog, sport driving (brights), pro amber fog.

I would say the sports are amazing and a great value. The pro is better but not twice as good as the cost reflects. I got mine when they did a 15-20% off sale.

I choose my set up because I wanted to actually be able to run my lights legally on the road. They are all SAE compliant. I can run ether set of fogs at night, I am yet to get flashed because my lights are too bright.

I would do a google search a dude on Tacoma world is a G and tested every fog light. His results and finding are great. I think it is somewhere in here...
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-led-sae-j583-fog-pod-fog-light-review.554813/

View attachment 153360

View attachment 153361

View attachment 153362

Looks good, but there is a lot of miss-leading information in that tacomaworld post. First, the guy who did these did everything in his garage against his garage door about 5' from his table. Then he was looking for "sponsors" to send him lights. He actually contacted us in an attempt to get free Baja Designs lights for his test. We refused to send him lights because we don't believe in sending out free lights to people in favor of a "favorable" review, and we believe that's exactly what he was doing (you'll notice he's a big promotor of Diode Dynamics).

The comparisons also put the Diode Pro SAE light against Baja's SAE light (which is based off the Baja sport lights). That's not a very fair comparison... Pros vs. SAE. There is a reason you won't see Diode doing any comparisons (or giving out product to a 3rd party for a comparison) using their sport version against Baja's SAE.

With that said, your setup looks good and im sure it provides you some awesome light output. Diode makes a nice light it's just the way they trick/confuse people that isn't right at all. Also paying for positive comparisons/reviews is not cool in my book.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The comparisons also put the Diode Pro SAE light against Baja's SAE light (which is based off the Baja sport lights). That's not a very fair comparison... Pros vs. SAE. There is a reason you won't see Diode doing any comparisons (or giving out product to a 3rd party for a comparison) using their sport version against Baja's SAE.

Does BD make a "Pro" SAE light or just the sport version?