Looking for FOG LIGHT KIT suggestions pls!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Montgomery

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just recently purchased my 2020 agate black raptor and have been looking at SO many different fog light kits .

I really want to know which are the best to choose from...

The price obviously vary quite a bit but I see the going price tends to be around $800 and I don't want to drop the doe on one that isn't worth it.

Ive seen some rigid's and some KC's ive liked but am looking to see what others have installed and what they think of them.

Id be interested in seeing or hearing about any other added on or modified lights too.. im looking to eventually get more then just the fog lights.

Pics would be awesome too

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just recently purchased my 2020 agate black raptor and have been looking at SO many different fog light kits .

The price obviously vary quite a bit but I see the going price tends to be around $800 and I don't want to drop the doe on one that isn't worth it.

Ive seen some rigid's and some KC's ive liked but am looking to see what others have installed and what they think of them.

Id be interested in seeing or hearing about any other added on or modified lights too.. im looking to eventually get more then just the fog lights.

There Certainly Are. Let me help out with some of our review videos-

One of my new favorites are the New 360 Series Round Lights and the SRL Rear lights featured here. Both are Rigids newest Generation lights with lifetime warranty and Our exclusive Brackets and harnesses. We have the most advanced mounting and wiring system for any Fog or Light kit on the market with the release of our GEN 3 Brackets and Harnesses. (More on those below)

Here is another one on the 360 Round Lights in another configuration-

And here is a comparison with the Rear SRL Lights to the Baja S2 (Also Slim) and the other square Rigid pod kits we offer-

Next is our Radiance or Scene 360 Kit (This is confusing because of the 360 lights above. The LIGHTS are Radiance or the brighter Scene. The KIT is 360 because it is in the front and back of the truck)

To see the comparison of the Radiance and Scene, this one shows that break down-

Here is a link to the rest of the playlist including.... Our new 3rd gen Brackets and Harnesses. You should watch those. They show how they compare to all other designs and are the best of everything. Our harness is the most advanced on the market and is the only that allows plug n play of virtually any light configuration or brand.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRTd4VSm33TITxE39uCnHVL_fEPSIc4M2

Long and short... If you stick with Rigid or Baja Designs, you'll be fine. Both have lifetime warranties. We also back our products in our kit.

Let us know if we can help. We have a discount program for Forum Members. Feel free to call or text.

John
SPVparts.com
317-93-GOSPV

Last edited:

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are those 2 bracket and Harness Videos-

(I could only add 4 videos above. I just really like this one because you can really see both the Rigid and Baja in the same truck at the same time.)

John
SPVparts.com
317-93-GOSPV
[email protected]

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been analyzing the same thing for a couple weeks since I got my truck. I’m going with Baja Designs, just trying to decide on a bezel or bracket. All of the brackets look decent, the bigger issue is deciding what kind of utility you want from the lights. I like a SAE legal fog light I can run on the road all the time and some offroad worthy lights as well.

If I do the bezel kit from Offroad Alliance I’ll be using the following:
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Combo white
Baja Designs Squadron SAE white
Baja Designs S1 Wide Cornering white

If I do the standard bracket with three cubes it will be:
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Spot white
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Wide Cornering white
Baja Designs Squadron SAE white

Both setups cost about the same, just north of $1100. The bezel is 19,510 lumens, the three squadrons are 24,569 lumens. Baja Designs also has a Sportsman series with less lumens you can get into for around $800. Rigid D2 runs around $900. I don’t care for the Radiance or Rigid’s other series with the amber backlighting because the lights seem more like they are there for decoration rather than for purposeful light. Diode Dynamics lights are also available from some vendors here. They are a newer company with some competitive price points, but longevity is unproven unlike BD and Rigid. Forget the el cheapo kits, you spent $60K+ on a truck, buy decent lights.

I ran Rigid on my last truck and they were very good, maybe a touch too blue on the color temperature at 6000-7000K. The Baja designs are 5000K, so a little closer to daylight.

1BACB9F1-9C36-4187-9C9D-D0428E5CCB97.jpg 9A99E0AE-6A0A-429C-A12C-F502479250A2.jpeg 50FF2B6C-C223-4E92-A4F4-977E0633CFAC.jpeg

Last edited:

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Baja Desing.

Squadron SAE, Wide Cornering
Squadron SAE, Wide Cornering Amber
Squadron Sport, Driving/Combo

Adam from 4x4truckleds has a nice kit with modified cables for a nice clean install.

IMG_2142.jpeg

IMG_2167.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Before answering this question, it would help to know what your use case is, and how you will use the lights - and truck.

Secret prius owner trolling us?
mall crawling poseur?
keeping up with the Jones’s?
Street only / 26’s with negative offset?
You dabble?
off road for hunting, fishing, or to get to a remote cabin?
Overlander?
Some recreational off roading?
Some pretty serious off roading?
Magazines write stories of your off road exploits?
You own the magazines, and this is one of several off road vehicles you also own?

If you’re honestly in the last 4 categories, seriously consider holding off on the pocket light kits and get a decent grille light or some XL80 pillar mount lights instead. Low mount lights are more easily obstructed by terrain.

If you’re under those last 4, pick a brand / pair of lights + a mount and don’t opt for an entire kit. Instead, wait for the Black Friday vendor sales and save some $$$.

Next question is whether or not to use up a slot for SAE lights. If you need an SAE light, and they do help, then it’s probably best to pick them up first.

If you do go with an SAE pod, I’d put a pair of driving combos on each side. I have spots and driving combos now and need to swap out the spot lenses. For the distance I get with the combos, I like the extra spread of the combo lights better in the low mount position.

if you don’t need the SAE light, I’d go wide corner and 2x driving combos per side. The wide corner is great for lighting up the area the close to the truck and everywhere around it. It will be practically impossible to be surprised by a roadside forest rat attack.

The S8 behind the grille is a great option too. It’s bright as ****. You will not be disappointed.

Black Friday isn’t far off and will save lots from our supporting vendors. They’ll steer you correctly quality wise.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before answering this question, it would help to know what your use case is, and how you will use the lights - and truck.

mall crawling poseur?
You dabble?
Overlander?
You own the magazines, and this is one of several off road vehicles you also own?

If you’re honestly in the last 4 categories, seriously consider holding off on the pocket light kits and get a decent grille light or some XL80 pillar mount lights instead. Low mount lights are more easily obstructed by terrain.

If you’re under those last 4, pick a brand / pair of lights + a mount and don’t opt for an entire kit. Instead, wait for the Black Friday vendor sales and save some $$$.

Next question is whether or not to use up a slot for SAE lights. If you need an SAE light, and they do help, then it’s probably best to pick them up first.

If you do go with an SAE pod, I’d put a pair of driving combos on each side. I have spots and driving combos now and need to swap out the spot lenses. For the distance I get with the combos, I like the extra spread of the combo lights better in the low mount position.

if you don’t need the SAE light, I’d go wide corner and 2x driving combos per side. The wide corner is great for lighting up the area the close to the truck and everywhere around it. It will be practically impossible to be surprised by a roadside forest rat attack.

The S8 behind the grille is a great option too. It’s bright as ****. You will not be disappointed.

Black Friday isn’t far off and will save lots from our supporting vendors. They’ll steer you correctly quality wise.

I see people suggesting that you may want two pairs of combos instead of a pair of wide cornering and a pair of spots. Wouldn’t two pairs of combos be exactly the same as a spot and wide cornering? Both result in the same number of each kind of LED cell, but a pair of combos give less flexibility to just run one type or the other.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I see people suggesting that you may want two pairs of combos instead of a pair of wide cornering and a pair of spots. Wouldn’t two pairs of combos be exactly the same as a spot and wide cornering? Both result in the same number of each kind of LED cell, but a pair of combos give less flexibility to just run one type or the other.

I think ideally your theory is correct. I’ve yet to see it in practice. Since I have and need an SAE light, I’m missing my wide corner up front. I suppose i could try a w/c in place of the combo and keep the spots. it won’t hurt to have the lenses.

I just don’t see a lot more distance in the spots as compared to the combos from my open field aiming session.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should be identical. The spot lenses and the spot portion of the combo lenses are both advertised as 9 degrees. The WC portion of both is advertised as 42 degrees.

I want to be able to use those 9 degree spots separately on straight highways, I was even considering the 6 degree Squadron Racers for that.

OP
OP
Brian Montgomery

Brian Montgomery

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mall crawling poseur?
You dabble?
Overlander?

LOL Secret Prius owner that made me laugh...

My truck is a daily driver so Im thinking to use that bumper slot for a couple SAE's
For those I think id be looking for
1 white SAE Spot or Flood not sure which would be more functional for on road use
1 amber SAE (since we get all sorts of snow/foggy weather in the area)
1 bright white for when im cruising the Mountain roads at night with no one in sight

I think some serious off roading is to be expected in the future but living in New England the trees like to play a little to close to the trails for my fresh paint jobs liking.. But cabin in the woods/ hunting/ and recreational off roading is the categories id put my self in.

That being said, I am definitely interested in the being the grille light bars

Noticed a lot of people doing one amber bar and one white bar behind the grill to get both uses of function that won't be interrupted by the lower mount positions.

Also I am curious to you saying that I shouldn't be looking into kits as much as to certain lights, will I be running into any difficulties per say mounting different branded lights into a single bracket?

Back when I had my GMC Sierra any lights I mounted were a single light with a single mount so it was obviously never an issue.

But if you have any combo suggestions from that info you would be the BOMB