Looking for feedback on Carbon Fiber steering wheel options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve decided to change my steering wheel to a carbon fiber steering wheel. My Criteria, is, as follows;
1. Maintain the heating eliminate
2. CF only on the right/left portions of the steering wheel
3. Top and bottom to remain OEM leather/stitching/red stripe

I know there are many manufactures out there, the purpose of my question is to solicit some feedback from those who have different steering wheels from different manufacturers to determine which one is the best.

As always, feedback is appreciated.
Todd

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Vivid Racing custom steering wheel on mine. Great quality and no complaints. They can do pretty much anything you want and do steering wheels for tons of brands ranging from tuner cars to trucks to Ferraris and the like. They are branded as VR Bespoke. My specific wheel was leather top and bottom with Alcantara sides with a slightly modified shape. Not carbon fiber but they do plenty of that.

That being said, I have heard plenty of good things about Rau Racing Wheels who had a group buy on here. There was also one brand floating here for much cheaper (like $500) with good reviews but that specific one was without heating and the wheel was entirely carbon fiber I believe.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the wheel from Rau Racing and I like it a lot. They can make it any way you want.
Thanks. I just got off the phone with Rau Racing, they are a bit pricy, initial rough estimate was $2k. Do you have the heated steering wheel? if so, does it work as well as it did with the OEM, minus the CF and is yours a 2020? I understand the 2018 and 19 cruise control buttons don’t work.

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have heated. I have a 2018 and I took the cruise control buttons off my original steering wheel and put then on the new carbon fiber one from Rau and it works fine. they are a bit on the pricey side, but the quality is great.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have heated. I have a 2018 and I took the cruise control buttons off my original steering wheel and put then on the new carbon fiber one from Rau and it works fine. they are a bit on the pricey side, but the quality is great.
Thanks, I heard that there needs to be done I’m assuming it was fairly straightforward?

aaron1085

Reaction score
Woof. $1400 bucks and still not heated. What if my hands get chilly in the Starbucks line?

I’d love a carbon fiber / leather one but with heat as well (Atleast it’d be nice). Any other leads on something under $1000-$800?