Looking for Events, Meets or Courses in NorthEast...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m up for a meet and beating of my truck in PA or NJ, I’m in MD. I will keep checking back to see anyone decides to coordinate something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jepper

Reaction score
Good info! I'd have thought maine would have a lot of offroad spots but haven't found much yet. Vermont as well I would have thought.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about 'coordinating' anything, but I'm planning on going this weekend just so I can scout out a second location. Going on Saturday (tomorrow) and just going without any real expectations of staying there for hours upon hours.

So yeah, it is last minute, but I'm not planning anything beyond some minor exploration.

OP
OP
drdjin

drdjin

Reaction score
Got back from www.readingoutdoors.com

They have multiple tracts available for use, I only went to one. I was completely alone, I suspect due to the holiday.

The exact location for this one is 590 Valley Road, Pottsville, PA Looking at the map, you have to stay below the main road, and in any case, there is a gate preventing you from using the north side of the road.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...8fef87a3e9e071!8m2!3d40.7175887!4d-76.2953777

The one I used was pretty wide open, I was doing about 60-70mph. There was maybe 1/2" of snow on the ground, it didn't seem too slippery, but being alone, I didn't want to risk it, so I didn't push it.

Wide open--could drive 3 abreast in some spots.
XLikNRp.jpg

Some narrower spots, but certainly passable. Some spots look like dirtbike only paths.

Ground is soft in a lot of places, not like sand, just unpacked dirt, I tried to go up one hill and it wasn't happening so I had to back down.

Definitely would go again. I plan on it again this upcoming weekend, probably Saturday.

The process if you want to sign up is to get your permit online, there you can print a temporary permit immediately, then about 1.5 weeks later, a packet comes in the mail with whatever you need.

Man, that looks great, I'm planning for a trip with my 16y.o. next weekend 1/13, 14. I just might take a ride to Reading Mines.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
26170002_10215130961887220_1507211570201062467_n.jpg

Best thing to do is plan a group trip the Baja Days event or Wyoming Trails event. Each day is 3 days of open desert and LOTS of trails. Closets open land I to you for long open runs.

Forest runs will not compare once you try open desert.

Closets event ROC has near you guys that are not on a small area to play.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

freddyfcs

Reaction score
Man, that looks great, I'm planning for a trip with my 16y.o. next weekend 1/13, 14. I just might take a ride to Reading Mines.

I’ve been there 4 times last year with my buddies but dirt biking not with the raptor..this place is huge and next door there’s another coal mine that makes even bigger..we’ve spent hours and hours riding there and didn’t even cover 1/3 of it..
I’m planning in go to rausch creek when the weather warm up a little bit..People from the Jeep community says it’s pretty cool.
http://rc4x4.org/programs/

OP
OP
drdjin

drdjin

Reaction score
I’ve been there 4 times last year with my buddies but dirt biking not with the raptor..this place is huge and next door there’s another coal mine that makes even bigger..we’ve spent hours and hours riding there and didn’t even cover 1/3 of it..
I’m planning in go to rausch creek when the weather warm up a little bit..People from the Jeep community says it’s pretty cool.
Programs | Rausch Creek Off-Road Park

Only issue with Rausch Creek from friend's is that the trails are sometime perfect for jeep but too narrow for a Raptor.. as a word of hear-say caution.