Looking for Events, Meets or Courses in NorthEast...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
www.readingoutdoors.com

Coal mining company in Reading that sells access permits to its unused land. $175 for the year. I just got my permit. Never been before so I can't tell you anything that isn't on their website. Looks like some wide open spaces, wooded trails, mud pits and hill climbs.

If I don't get lazy about it, I'm going to check it out on Christmas Day, I suspect it'll be pretty empty. Otherwise, New Years weekend.

that looks great i am in south Jersey area. Let us know how you liked it or hated it...lol

Jepper

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm looking at picking up a raptor in the next 3 weeks and curious if anyone knows of any good shops for aftermarket add ons in the NE? I'm near Boston / Gillette stadium but don't mind traveling at all.

I head down to Florida once a month and might buy it down there and drive it back if I can't find anything worth while in the NE.

Planning on wrapping it / tinting it but also know the cold weather we gets can make that a little harder.

Anyways look forward to meeting up in the future!

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got back from www.readingoutdoors.com

They have multiple tracts available for use, I only went to one. I was completely alone, I suspect due to the holiday.

The exact location for this one is 590 Valley Road, Pottsville, PA Looking at the map, you have to stay below the main road, and in any case, there is a gate preventing you from using the north side of the road.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...8fef87a3e9e071!8m2!3d40.7175887!4d-76.2953777

The one I used was pretty wide open, I was doing about 60-70mph. There was maybe 1/2" of snow on the ground, it didn't seem too slippery, but being alone, I didn't want to risk it, so I didn't push it.

Wide open--could drive 3 abreast in some spots.
XLikNRp.jpg

Some narrower spots, but certainly passable. Some spots look like dirtbike only paths.

Ground is soft in a lot of places, not like sand, just unpacked dirt, I tried to go up one hill and it wasn't happening so I had to back down.

Definitely would go again. I plan on it again this upcoming weekend, probably Saturday.

The process if you want to sign up is to get your permit online, there you can print a temporary permit immediately, then about 1.5 weeks later, a packet comes in the mail with whatever you need.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there trail maps of the areas? Or is it more of a free-for-all drive around?
Curious to see what it's like come summer. Some of the pictures and video make it look fairly crowded. I'd hate to be hauling ass around that place with people on mountain bikes and quads all over the place.

Good find though. We are definitely lacking in off-road areas here on the east coast.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there trail maps of the areas? Or is it more of a free-for-all drive around?
Curious to see what it's like come summer. Some of the pictures and video make it look fairly crowded. I'd hate to be hauling ass around that place with people on mountain bikes and quads all over the place.

Good find though. We are definitely lacking in off-road areas here on the east coast.

For maps you'd have to look on google maps satellite view to see the trails.

But in terms of driving, it seems to just be a free for all, but being there completely alone is probably not the norm.

I would imagine at some point that there is self segregation with regards to the types of vehicles. But if a roadway is 30 feet wide and some dope on a 4 wheeler is zig zagging all over the place, they're the wrong one.

I think half a dozen raptors showing up and doing 90 down a wide open road will basically be given lots of space.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's true. Although "groups" and "events" are prohibited as per their rules. A gang of us would get our way. It is just a matter of plotting the trails that are wide and fast enough for us. I'm 4 hours away but willing to do what I can

Jepper

Reaction score
Is there really any offroad / trails places in the NE besides PA? I'm new to the area and just starting my research..