Looking for Events, Meets or Courses in NorthEast...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drdjin

Reaction score
I'm certain that there are many of us here in NE of CONUS, yet I'm not seeing any actions, meets, or off road courses.

Now this is how much I know of...
in NY, Hunter Mountain area have a 2 day driving course. They might operate all year long, not sure.
in MA, there are the sand dunes of the Cape Cod; but that has a 15mph speed limit..

My question is do we have any like the California Slat flats, or Navada desert? Doesn't have to be hundreds or thousands of miles, 3 or 4 miles would be good enough for me.. Where you can do a short Baja course without a 4 or 5 day drive.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NJ has a few trails and some of the beaches sell permits to drive on them.
But the laws are quickly changing to keep us out.

Last edited:

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm certain that there are many of us here in NE of CONUS, yet I'm not seeing any actions, meets, or off road courses.

Now this is how much I know of...
in NY, Hunter Mountain area have a 2 day driving course. They might operate all year long, not sure.
in MA, there are the sand dunes of the Cape Cod; but that has a 15mph speed limit..

My question is do we have any like the California Slat flats, or Navada desert? Doesn't have to be hundreds or thousands of miles, 3 or 4 miles would be good enough for me.. Where you can do a short Baja course without a 4 or 5 day drive.
Phoenix off road in Ohio. Silver lake sand dunes in MI. Headed to Windrock off road in Tenn. this weekend. Might want to try the Facebook groups like Mid Atlantic Ford Raptor Association for things closer to you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
drdjin

drdjin

Reaction score
Phoenix off road in Ohio. Silver lake sand dunes in MI. Headed to Windrock off road in Tenn. this weekend. Might want to try the Facebook groups like Mid Atlantic Ford Raptor Association for things closer to you.

closer, closer.. no fun for driving 2 days to get there and 2 more days to come back..

A few hours of driving is tolerable.
Dj
:win:

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
closer, closer.. no fun for driving 2 days to get there and 2 more days to come back..

A few hours of driving is tolerable.
Dj
:win:
Lol... sorry man I'm from Ohio. Try that Facebook group if your on there. Lots of guys from the Maryland area and other northeast states.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Northeast is a fairly large. Where or what state are you from and looking to wheel? May help us point you in the right direction.

There just so happens to be a part of this forum dedicated to each geographic region. You may want to start there.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DrDjin,
NY has a little...6 million acres...state park called the Adirondacks; Green Mountains in VT, Berkshires in MA, White Mtns in NH, as well as trails in CT, RI, and NJ. Maine has hundreds of miles of maintained logging roads.
Unfortunately no wide open spaces like out west. Here on eastern LI, NY we have hundreds of miles of beaches. During the winters they are not frequently patrolled, and we can hoon as much as we dare...keeping in mind that the local town is run by liberals that feel the government knows best what one should do....Indeed the local town spent over $100,000.00 sterilizing local does so that they wouldn't eat the garden flowers; nevermind that hunters would have PAID for the opportunity to cull the local herds!
So lots of offroad opportunities but little for high speed hijinks.

Eddie

Firemedic269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... sorry man I'm from Ohio. Try that Facebook group if your on there. Lots of guys from the Maryland area and other northeast states.

I'm in Ohio too. I'm always looking to get out. Send me a pm if you want to try to get something planned.