Looking For Creative Bike Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
I am a super avid mountain biker and racer, and the current consensus is that the 1Up racks are hands down the best hitch mount option. I have a Thule T2 Classic, and it works fine, but I wish I would have sprung for the 1Up with the wall mount for storage. A good friend has one (2-bike option), and his small wife is able to put the rack on the vehicle taking it out of the wall mount. It is super well balanced, easy to handle, and holds the bikes securely.

https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/bike-racks/

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s one bike like my situation, I just lay it down in the bed diagonally with the front wheel towards the tailgate. Large frame on 29” wheels with zero issues. If you need to lock it, cable lock through the frame to one of the tie down points in the bed corners.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish this was an option for me. I don’t have QR axle up front.

Having to retorque each time doesn’t sound fun.
Oh ****, OP. My bad, I didn't notice you mentioned that in original post.

My opinion? Assuming no QR axle upfront, I will guess it's a lower end bike (not trying to insult, just from experience).

If you are enjoying biking and think this is going to continue, I highly recommend considering throwing the money into an upgraded bike with QR front, rather than dump it into a bike rack. No point spending money on a bike rack, since you have the truck bed and a $30 option I can guarantee works flawlessly. :)

Just my 2 nickels, good luck with whichever direction you go.

OP
OP
TheInfamousDrew

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ****, OP. My bad, I didn't notice you mentioned that in original post.

My opinion? Assuming no QR axle upfront, I will guess it's a lower end bike (not trying to insult, just from experience).

If you are enjoying biking and think this is going to continue, I highly recommend considering throwing the money into an upgraded bike with QR front, rather than dump it into a bike rack. No point spending money on a bike rack, since you have the truck bed and a $30 option I can guarantee works flawlessly. :)

Just my 2 nickels, good luck with whichever direction you go.

lol not all “high end” bikes have QR axles.

I have a Yeti SB6 Turq with Ohlins fork. Ohlins forks don’t have quick releases. Just has a standard 110x15 boost axle.

Attachments

• 8A54EC75-D7CF-4F94-A03F-6A9C09737E8A.jpeg
    8A54EC75-D7CF-4F94-A03F-6A9C09737E8A.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 9

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol not all “high end” bikes have QR axles.

I have a Yeti SB6 Turq with Ohlins fork. Ohlins forks don’t have quick releases. Just has a standard 110x15 boost axle.
My $1k belt drive Scott hybrid bike (which I love) doesn't have a quick release front or rear... Just sayin, and my bike is definitely not high end.

OP
OP
TheInfamousDrew

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My $1k belt drive Scott hybrid bike (which I love) doesn't have a quick release front or rear... Just sayin, and my bike is definitely not high end.

My point was that having a low end or high end bike doesn’t mean you have a QR front axle.

My rear s QR but my front isn’t because my fork doesn’t support it.