Looking For Creative Bike Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Surfer

Reaction score
If your wanting to keep the bike together, I use a cheaper Swagman XC on my other truck. https://www.swagman.net/collections/hitch-mount-racks/2-bikes
Great low budget racks that dont use that much plastic. The One up like above are the best on the market... all aluminum.

I have a pad on the raptor currently and it's is awesome. Only takes 3 mins to put on. I have been using for 2 years and know scratches.

Best combo plastic and metal is the Thule. Had a buddy get one at REI. Super nice and solid.

Noplacelikeloam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ****, OP. My bad, I didn't notice you mentioned that in original post.

My opinion? Assuming no QR axle upfront, I will guess it's a lower end bike (not trying to insult, just from experience).

If you are enjoying biking and think this is going to continue, I highly recommend considering throwing the money into an upgraded bike with QR front, rather than dump it into a bike rack. No point spending money on a bike rack, since you have the truck bed and a $30 option I can guarantee works flawlessly. :)

Just my 2 nickels, good luck with whichever direction you go.
The irony as others have mentioned, REALLY high end more DH style Mtb’s regularly have axle bolts vs QR due to its stiffness. But under $1k bikes you’re about right.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running Kuat NV 2.0 hitch-mounted platform racks for a few years now and absolutely love them. This solution is easy on your body, easy on your truck, and easy on your bike versus just throwing them in the bed, with or without a tailgate pad.

Recently added a Frontrunner bed rack that will allow for 3-4 more bikes over the bed if necessary.tempImageYpxuNn.png