Looking for Amp suggestions to go with these components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cobraman044

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waffling all over the place with my amp choices. I think I have it narrowed down to the following which can all be had under my price point ( even cheaper buying used)
AudioControl D-4.800 with a separate bass amp (leaning this way lately and lot does not have to be spent on a bass amp)
JL Audio HD Series HD900/5
Focal FDP 6.900

Any opinions are very welcome.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still waffling all over the place with my amp choices. I think I have it narrowed down to the following which can all be had under my price point ( even cheaper buying used)
AudioControl D-4.800 with a separate bass amp (leaning this way lately and lot does not have to be spent on a bass amp)
JL Audio HD Series HD900/5
Focal FDP 6.900

Any opinions are very welcome.

I have the JL RD900/5. It is a bit cheaper and has the same power to the sub, but a little less power to the 4 mains. The only thing the RD does not have and i wish it did like the HD is switchable 12db / 24db cross over slope on the sub channel. There are times when the too much mid bass is making it's way into the sub channel. No matter what I set the frequency at, it leans to one extreme or the other. A 24db slope would fix that.

If you dont know the difference between a 12db and 24db slope......get the cheaper amp.

OP
OP
Cobraman044

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the JL RD900/5. It is a bit cheaper and has the same power to the sub, but a little less power to the 4 mains. The only thing the RD does not have and i wish it did like the HD is switchable 12db / 24db cross over slope on the sub channel. There are times when the too much mid bass is making it's way into the sub channel. No matter what I set the frequency at, it leans to one extreme or the other. A 24db slope would fix that.

If you dont know the difference between a 12db and 24db slope......get the cheaper amp.

lol, thanks. I use to build some pretty high end home audio active crossovers for multiple amp setups so I get it. Now everything is just in a box, no need to understand it right? :)