GEN 1 Looking for Advice - SVC 1.5 UCA with Rogue Slot Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to come up with a plan to upgrade my upper control arm for some time. I am a die hard RPG fan and was planning on going with them, but it seems they are going a with a billet aluminum design now that doesn't feel right to me. I was also not a fan of being locked into a specific wheel backspacing if I were to go with the 1.5 bearing. Finally their raceline 1.5 UCA didn't use heim joints so it wasn't possible to adjust the alignment from the UCA.

I started looking for alternatives and feel like I have a good plan at the moment but wanted to see what the forum has to say about it.

The SVC Offroad 1.5 UCA with the Rogue Slot Delete seemed like a good setup. Any direction from someone who has actually used either of these products in real life would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

SVC 1.5 UCA

svcuca15.png

Rogue Slot Delete

44161004473.jpg

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the slot delete with the heimed rogue upper, I don't need to get an alignment after I take it offroad so it's nice.
@Jimbo @svc

The Rogue UCA is really nice too, and I have had really good luck with customer service from them in the past, so going that route is definitely an option.

I was leaning towards the SVC UCA since it was a 1.5" uniball cup, but I think the difference between that and a 1", from a durability perspective, is probably negligible.

I'll wait to see if svc@ or jimbo@ have info/opinions.

Thanks for the reply doc!

D

Deleted member 12951

I have Rogue heim UCA and did the SDHQ upgraded cam kit with longer bolts. In my area is seems difficult to find an alignment shop that will take the time to do the alignment from the uppers since you might end up removing them several times.

According to Rogue put the upper bolts in the other way so you don't have to remove the shock. I've done that

If you want a price on the items, let me know.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subd. Thought about doing this also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the slot delete or something similar required when replacing the UCA or is it more for convenience?

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Rogue heim UCA and did the SDHQ upgraded cam kit with longer bolts. In my area is seems difficult to find an alignment shop that will take the time to do the alignment from the uppers since you might end up removing them several times.

According to Rogue put the upper bolts in the other way so you don't have to remove the shock. I've done that

If you want a price on the items, let me know.

Thanks for the response Rick! PMd for pricing.

With regards to the bolts going the other way, are you saying that the nut end of the UCA would be inside the shock towers? I would assume that the grade 8 hardware that comes with all these newer UCAs are shorter than the OEM stuff since the bolts that are stock look like they might bind if they were to be turned around (Those OEM bolts are super long!).

Really good point about finding an alignment shop willing to take the time to do a UCA alignment. I will double check my shop regarding that. I am hoping once this upgrade is done, my need for alignments after weeling will be dramatically reduced.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Is the slot delete or something similar required when replacing the UCA or is it more for convenience?

The slot delete is not required when changing out the UCA. But a new UCA is required if you want to delete the slot.

A slot delete is done so that the alignment can be fixed at the bottom where it comes out of alignment really easily. If you go that route though, the stock UCA needs to be replaced with a UCA that can be adjusted. The heim joints shown on the SVC UCA on the original post are where you would make those adjustments. The Rogue UCA (pictured below) also has these heim joints.

Taking larg-ish hits offroad with the stock setup usually leaves my truck's front end look like it is doing a curtsy at the end of the day, with both wheels looking somewhat like the bad ascii art below:

.-------.
|O#####O|
.-------.
/ /---\ \

Going with a slot delete kit, like the one that Rogue offers, (theoretically) is a way to keep the truck from going out of alignment since it makes the bottom adjustment fixed.

Rogue UCA

uca3.jpg

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted SVC today and asked them if their UCA would fit with stock wheels. The answer is "No" and one would have to add a 1/4" spacer to allow for clearance. This might not affect people with aftermarket wheels but anyone with stock wheels would run into rubbing issues without the spacer.

Hope this info helps people who are interested in this option.

D

Deleted member 12951

I contacted SVC today and asked them if their UCA would fit with stock wheels. The answer is "No" and one would have to add a 1/4" spacer to allow for clearance. This might not affect people with aftermarket wheels but anyone with stock wheels would run into rubbing issues without the spacer.

Hope this info helps people who are interested in this option.

I was not aware that you were trying to use stock wheels. Yep SVC UCA won't work without the spacers or different wheels.

The Rogue UCA's will work on stock wheels, hence why I have Rogue on mine.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not aware that you were trying to use stock wheels. Yep SVC UCA won't work without the spacers or different wheels.

The Rogue UCA's will work on stock wheels, hence why I have Rogue on mine.

Thanks Rick!

I think being able to use stock wheels (at least having the flexibility to do so) is important to me, so the decision of going with the Rogue UCA is becoming an easier one.

I also checked with RPG about their doubler/trippler gusset for the LCA, since it is my intention to combine the gusset with the Rogue slot delete. RPG said the gussets, when combined, adds a total of 1/4" of metal to the LCA mount. I called Rogue to see if the slot delete bolt could accommodate the extra thickness and they said it could.