Looking for advice on a couple options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GxDxWxB

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been lurking for awhile and passively raptor shopping for about a year. The time has finally come to pull the trigger and kinda stuck between two options right now. I don't want to start the dreaded Gen 1 vs Gen 2 fire but thats exactly my situation.

The first truck is a 2014 Special Edition with the black on red interior with 72,000km (44k miles). Looks clean, no dimples etc. Supercharged and professionally tuned by Davenport which is a very reputable shop in our area. Asking $52,000 cad ($39,000 USD).

The second is a 2017, pretty well stock Gen2 with 58,000km (36k miles) for $62,900 cad ($47,000 USD). Truck is what id like in a gen 2, no moon roof, factory bead locks. Dealership doesn't know much about the history except the oil pan gasket was done, no word on cam phasers though. Truck is still under factory warranty.

As I type this I realize I don't have much questions on the trucks themselves or common issues since, like I said I have definitely lurked.

More just looking for some opinions, this truck will be for both work and play therefore will see alot of highway miles and a good amount of offroad. Sometimes both is even one from Saskatchewan is here and knows what im talking about haha.

Anybody had issues with their supercharged 6.2's as they reach high mileage?

anothervr6kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had stock Gen 1s, a Supercharged Gen 1 and driven a friend's Gen 2.

The supercharged Gen 1 was the most fun out of all of them. Maintenance was a little more expensive for me because I had to take it to the dealership to get some maintenance work done on it after I bought it. Otherwise, truck and supercharger were reliable. Other aftermarket parts on it weren't as much. You'll probably need spark plugs and belts done on it if it has higher miles. MPGs are going to suck on it, but you'll be smiling every time you use the throttle.