GEN 1 Looking for a Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first of all I would like to say thks to everyone.

I have learned a lot about my Raptor on this forum. It has also giving me some excellent intel which way I want to go forward with mods to my truck.

I am looking for some advice on who could provide me with good custom tune for my Rap. Currently I am running a 2013 Screw and just order a Borla touring cat-back 140404 (hope it fit, I see different web sites saying yes and no) and SCT x 4 7014 Tuner. I am also running a Banks Ram Air CAI.

Not looking for all out performance, just to tie everything thing in with max TQ and HP with nice shifting and good reliability.

dingo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first of all I would like to say thks to everyone.

I have learned a lot about my Raptor on this forum. It has also giving me some excellent intel which way I want to go forward with mods to my truck.

I am looking for some advice on who could provide me with good custom tune for my Rap. Currently I am running a 2013 Screw and just order a Borla touring cat-back 140404 (hope it fit, I see different web sites saying yes and no) and SCT x 4 7014 Tuner. I am also running a Banks Ram Air CAI.

Not looking for all out performance, just to tie everything thing in with max TQ and HP with nice shifting and good reliability.

Hi there, I purchased the Borla catback 1 year ago, fitted perfectly and you will love the sound(deep without the drone, not obnoxious to neighbors lol) and I posted these tip/impressions if you're doing it at home with some help. Its relatively easy and i know nothing about mechanics, worst part is to take the OEM exhaust under the truck after taking it down.

I didi it,took almost 3 hours at home with basically no equipment except the tools described below. For future reference needed equipment:
1) 3/8” Drive Ratchet
2) 3/8” Drive Extension 3” (didn't used it in my case)
3)13mm and 15mm Deep Well Socket
4) Exhaust Removal Pliers(a must, $20, to be used for 10 seconds) vs a pry bar
5) from AutoZone the part#440600A (M10-1.50 class 8.8 HEX nuts) and the part#002740 (M10 class 10.9 flat washers) not included in the borla exhaust kit, I reused the bolts from the stock muffler assembly, if not you need to buy 2 new screws.
6) WD-40 or equivalent lubricant.
7) flat screwdriver
8)glasses and gloves
9) remove the spare tire and lift with the jack from the rear end.
10) 2 people required to do the job.

For tunes, 5startuning.com seems to be the most popular choice in here(will customize your tune based on aftermarket add ons such as exhaust, CAI, wheels size), look under the sponsors area here in the forum and I believe that they currently have a group sale discount going on.Consider a CAI (got an AFE for $370 at Amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007CLSGK6/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

and along with the catback the difference is noticeable without breaking the bank. I bought a Bully Dog BDX 1 week ago and definitely can feel the torque/power( tunes 93 performance, 93 daily driver and 93 economy I choose).
Hopefully this will help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
IamCanadian

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dingo, Thks for the response. I haven't decided if am installing the Catbk , its not like I don't have the tools or mechanical incline, its about making time and the weather isn't the greatest up here this time of year.

Ref CAI, I am all ready running a Banks Ram.

I normally use shell 91 Octane (98% of time), I have also used Sunco 94 octane but I don't like the ethanol contain of 10%, shell has no ethanol.

I see you are using Bully dog tune, why not 5 Star tune?