Looking for a good dashcam!! Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just cant see spending that much and their app sucks

Honestly. Their app is not that bad. But really. You never use it.

I have had my camera 4 months now I guess. I had one incident to look at. Was easy to do it when I got to work.

But I found it even easier to pull the memory card and use their view on my laptop. That was very easy.

As tempted as you think you will be. You are hardly ever going to review any footage. Hopefully never. You only need to worry about if something happens.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on my 3rd Blackvue 4K due to OVERHEATING. So far the 3rd unit is doing better, but the weather has been very cool lately so we will see. I have it connected to a NetGear Wi-Fi Hotspot that is plugged into a portable lithium-ion battery pack. With this setup I can view anywhere, anytime.

bagnor

Reaction score
There is one by aukey on Amazon I think. It has a front and back camera and you can connect OTG to a card reader to view on phone

ZAGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on my 3rd Blackvue 4K due to OVERHEATING. So far the 3rd unit is doing better, but the weather has been very cool lately so we will see. I have it connected to a NetGear Wi-Fi Hotspot that is plugged into a portable lithium-ion battery pack. With this setup I can view anywhere, anytime.

did you install the 2 channel version?

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waylens 360 4G is another option. I bought one during their kickstarter campaign. It works great as a security camera. It will run off the truck battery for weeks even if you aren’t using the truck. It will send you alerts based on your criteria, and you can remotely monitor the camera as long as it is around an AT&T cell signal. As a dash camera it lacks great resolution. I think that is a byproduct of the 360 camera.
https://waylens.com/360/

alcoolaid

Reaction score
I have a blackvue dr650s-2ch. The software and app wasn’t that great before but with the updates it has gotten much better. If you have a WiFi connection that the truck/camera can reach while parked, you should be able to live stream to your phone no problem. I’ve never had a problem where it did not auto connect to WiFi.

It also sends push notifications to my phone when it senses movement/shock.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another blackvue dash camera. I have them on all my vehicles.

DozerEO2

Reaction score
I too have the BlackVue dr900s 2channel. I like it. The app isn’t that bad. Granted, I’ve only had it a few weeks but so far I’m very happy with it. As far as WiFi goes, the BlackVue has its own WiFi hot spot so you connect whatever wireless device(smartphone or laptop) and you download your videos that way or you can remove the micro SD card and plug that into your computer via a micro SD card adapter which is included with the purchase. The app is free but you can opt for a monthly service. What that service is, not sure. Cloud storage maybe?