Looking for 2021 raptor or 2022 without a huge adm fee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The “current market” is what you want it to be. Some people pay MSRP and others $20k over. Personally I don’t have to buy anything now but if I did I wouldn’t be flushing money down the toilet because of the “current market”.
I sound like a broken record in all my posts so I’m going to s t f u now.
It took me 2 months to find my MSRP deal to only wait 3 months and still not have a build date. Mentally I’m done. Just want a truck for summer activities. I didn’t compromise on features or anything either so the 6k is what it is. Wife’s a nurse. I’ll survive

Jack55

Reaction score
The “current market” is what you want it to be. Some people pay MSRP and others $20k over. Personally I don’t have to buy anything now but if I did I wouldn’t be flushing money down the toilet because of the “current market”.
I sound like a broken record in all my posts so I’m going to s t f u now.
I get where ya coming from. I'm going to keep trying for msrp ☠ but yeah hopefully I'll get one for it.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t compromise on features or anything either so the 6k is what it is.
Same here, I didn't compromise on features either even though it would delay the order. Would it be nice to get the truck as soon as possible?? Yes, but Im not in a hurry at all. Yes, I will be paying 5k adm but I'm okay with that. Mostly, people who ordered msrp when orders first opened for 21MY didn't pay adm and they think it's insane now that ppl are paying adm. Now, many dealers are charging adm and thats the new norm for ordering Raptors. It comes down to if you want the truck or not.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I didn't compromise on features either even though it would delay the order. Would it be nice to get the truck as soon as possible?? Yes, but Im not in a hurry at all. Yes, I will be paying 5k adm but I'm okay with that. Mostly, people who ordered msrp when orders first opened for 21MY didn't pay adm and they think it's insane now that ppl are paying adm. Now, many dealers are charging adm and thats the new norm for ordering Raptors. It comes down to if you want the truck or not.
Yeah the fact I’m 3 months deep since my order and still no build date made me make this decision. Hell I don’t even know if the truck is going to get picked up at this point. The unknowns made it easier to swallow this 6k pill

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the fact I’m 3 months deep since my order and still no build date made me make this decision. Hell I don’t even know if the truck is going to get picked up at this point. The unknowns made it easier to swallow this 6k pill
Hopefully you get scheduled! Im 6 weeks in so far. My GM said you might get the truck in the 3rd or 4th quarter but he said I don't want to quote you anything earlier because the way things are now. He also mentioned I rather make a call and say your truck is coming in early rather than your truck is coming in late.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
You guys are making me feel really good about the 37 I found for $6k over. My Oct order still hasn’t been picked up, so I’m pretty stoked
Was said October order through Sanderson by chance? Mine still hasn’t been picked up either.

EMc2

Reaction score
You guys are making me feel really good about the 37 I found for $6k over. My Oct order still hasn’t been picked up, so I’m pretty stoked
You mind me asking where you ordered from? I put in an order at Camelback on 1/21 with an assurance that they had allocation and I was getting one. I even saw their order sheet (posted in another thread). Sales mgr told me anywhere from 8 to 16 weeks to see the truck. I'd be fine with longer if I actually had a VIN/build date. According to FP my order still hasn't been accepted. I know, I know..two weeks is nothing. Just trying to determine whether I have an actual allocation or not.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was said October order through Sanderson by chance? Mine still hasn’t been picked up either.
No sir. I had to go out of state. Sanderson was the only dealer here in Phx who was doing MSRP and their list is long AF

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mind me asking where you ordered from? I put in an order at Camelback on 1/21 with an assurance that they had allocation and I was getting one. I even saw their order sheet (posted in another thread). Sales mgr told me anywhere from 8 to 16 weeks to see the truck. I'd be fine with longer if I actually had a VIN/build date. According to FP my order still hasn't been accepted. I know, I know..two weeks is nothing. Just trying to determine whether I have an actual allocation or not.
8-16 weeks!?! That is a good joke! lmaoo Dealer can say whatever they want and there is no actual way to check if you had an allocation. You just gotta take your dealers word on it.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the labor shortages and supply chain issues aren’t going away any time soon.

I just watched a YT video with the CEO of Rivian. They can’t get computer chips to build the R1T truck but he also mentioned 2 separate plastic items. One was a piece of plastic trim on the exterior and the other was a composite part for the bed. Both suppliers had labor issues because of the pandemic and hence were not shipping parts to the Rivian assembly plant and limiting production.

I drove by my local Lexus dealership recently. The huge parking lot was virtually empty minus a few new cars. The dealership only had used cars to sell.

Last edited: