Looking at Truck Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I live in Fort Worth and have to park outside. I am considering a quality cover for my truck when it is parked in the driveway.
I would love your experience with this.
Will the wind, polin, dirt jack up my paint? Is it better to leave it uncovered? Some weeks, it will sit for 5-7 days.
Love any feedback from experience.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had decent cover for my Lightning, which I didn’t drive every day for a stretch. The issue is that once the truck is sufficiently pollenated or dirty, covering it again both slightly scuffs the clear and gets the inside of the cover dirty. Pollen will F*** up your clear coat, if you don’t believe me, grab a rag and rub the pollen off in a small area. repeat 2 or 3 times and you’ll start to notice.

A good cover will keep surface contaminants off the paint, for sure. But not off of you, when you take the filthy cover off !

So, what I’d do is wash first, cover, drive and assess. Most times I ended up not re-covering until I washed again. It can also help in dust storms, created by your neighbor when they mow. Not sure how much of a thing that is but I’m a few hours south and we’re in a months long drought. I have to close up the house when I mow to minimize the dust coating.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
I've had very good experience with Cover Craft. The higher end covers fit very snug and can be cinched down at the bottom when dealing with high winds. Just make sure ou wash the truck before putting the cover on!

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this...

Anybody else got a cover for their truck?

@BUGGOUT - What did you go with?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Rather than starting a new thread I decided to reply on this.
Unfortunately my truck does not fit in the garage. I do wash my truck on a regular basis and the paint is ceramic coated. (CarPro). I decided to purchase a cover.
I went with Cover Craft Ultratec and so far so good. I got it on sale around Labor Day. We have gotten some winds but nothing to crazy. It fits well, its easy to put on especially if you have a bed cover. For those wondering, I did wash it right before I put it on. I have A-Pillar lights (XL80's) and it still fits. Full aware of issues with car covers, but I took a chance.

Pros:
1. Protection from the sun
2. Drought and won't require frequent washing
3. Easy put on and off. Its compact.
4. 5 year warranty
5. Different Colors available. Went with Taupe so it blends in with home.
6. Really good fit.

Cons:
1. Pricey
2. Doesn't come with bag or lock. I'll source myself.
3. Thought it would be softer underneath, but Cover Craft says it should be okay and the reviews are really good.
4. Wish the mirrors were a bit more snug.
5. Antenna not cut out, but it comes with the kit to cut out. Passed on this.

Attachments

• IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 11