Looking at Raptors..(Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A knocking sound? That is much deeper and more worrisome than cam phasers. Do you have a quick cold start rattle, or a low, constant thump sound?

Oh - ya…. Definitely on all 17+ Per the TSB.
All incorrect information as usual, Sasquatch.

A worn phaser can cause a light knocking sound on warm idle. If 21B10 does not eliminate it, replacement of the phaser will correct the issue.

The TSB does not apply to “all 17+” trucks. The build date cutoff was 11/2019.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told it was just the 18s but who knows.
dspangler consistently trolls threads posting misinformation on Gen 2/3. He’s been banned under many other usernames before.

Correct information provided above.

Last edited:

jimmyv

Reaction score
A knocking sound? That is much deeper and more worrisome than cam phasers. Do you have a quick cold start rattle, or a low, constant thump sound?

Oh - ya…. Definitely on all 17+ Per the TSB.

You will definitely want the history on this 18 since it will have the phaser issue to review, and a look at the plastic engine oil pan. There may be a reason this PO went to a TRX. You will find 17+ raptors at most Ram dealers now. The TRX is an awesome truck!!

What is this? Who are you?

I won’t knock the TRX but I think it appeals to a different crowd. It sounds like you might be on the wrong forums.

Also, Im reading what you wrote but all I hear in my head is a parrot

SKWAAKK GET-TRX SKKWAAK CAM-PHASERS-CAM-PHASERS SKWWAAK TRX-IS-BETTER

And yeah, I’m being a d*ck

:troll3: