Looking at getting a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitar2323

Reaction score
Hello.I've been checking this site out for a little while looking at all the different mods and options you guys are doing on your trucks.I'm really into to buying one,70K is a lot of scrilla for a pick up truck.lol.

Any tips on buying, like different options and if you had the choice to do it over again what would you change about your truck?

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop around for the best price. I got mine in March 2018 in Houston at MSRP. Nowadays you can go below MSRP for sure.

Of all the options on my truck (loaded except F package), I used the seat warmers twice, haven't opened the pano moonroof in over 10 months and counting. I'm ambivalent about the pre-collison doodad, which can be annoying but probably saved me once from rear-ending.

The 1 option that I think is a must-have is the tailgate steps: Makes accessing the bed so much easier.

Dubby

Reaction score
I have about every option you can get and I use them all. I get more compliments on the pano roof than anything. I wouldn't do without the tech package. Forward collision also gives you adaptive cruise control which comes in very handy for those freeway trips. Lane departure is also a very nice feature. I have only used the bed extenders a handful of times but I was really happy I had them when I needed it. I added the retrax pro cover and looks and functions nice but it sure takes up some bed space.

OP
OP
G

guitar2323

Reaction score
I have about every option you can get and I use them all. I get more compliments on the pano roof than anything. I wouldn't do without the tech package. Forward collision also gives you adaptive cruise control which comes in very handy for those freeway trips. Lane departure is also a very nice feature. I have only used the bed extenders a handful of times but I was really happy I had them when I needed it. I added the retrax pro cover and looks and functions nice but it sure takes up some bed space.
Thanks for the info. Do you have the ramps?

OP
OP
G

guitar2323

Reaction score
Shop around for the best price. I got mine in March 2018 in Houston at MSRP. Nowadays you can go below MSRP for sure.

Of all the options on my truck (loaded except F package), I used the seat warmers twice, haven't opened the pano moonroof in over 10 months and counting. I'm ambivalent about the pre-collison doodad, which can be annoying but probably saved me once from rear-ending.

The 1 option that I think is a must-have is the tailgate steps: Makes accessing the bed so much easier.
Thanks. Do you have the ramps?

Dubby

Reaction score
No on the bed ramps - with the cover I lost about a foot of bed space. I am not sure I could fit an ATV if I wanted to now. On the plus side my bed stays bone dry so it makes for good storage.

guyzilla

Reaction score
i got mine loaded with everything almost a year ago. only item i didn't order was the heated steering wheel which came with it anyways? certainly don't need that. i like the bed divider i ordered thru ford as well. haven't used the lane departure yet nor do i open the sunroof but always have the cover slid back and really love it.

Reaction score
Hello.I've been checking this site out for a little while looking at all the different mods and options you guys are doing on your trucks.I'm really into to buying one,70K is a lot of scrilla for a pick up truck.lol.

Any tips on buying, like different options and if you had the choice to do it over again what would you change about your truck?
Looking to buy a New Raptor. Stop call me at 1 877 901 4311 ask for Louie (sales manager) $50.00 over invoice on order units