Looking at a used Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, the dealer with the LFG is backpedaling on his deal. Seems like a stupid young kid anyhow. Raptor has been sitting for almost 2 months.

If I'm going to get pushed into $54k for a truck with 61k miles, I am going back to the ooooold plan A. Lightning blue with 39k, certified at a very reputable Ford Dealer, $59.9k.

I have a ruby red ‘18, 10.4K miles, everything except power roof. I’ve added a few things, amp power steps, 5k worth of BD lights, tonneau cover etc. but you probably don’t want red......

But I could run it through my Ford dealership, I buy a lot of cars from them, they hook me up.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, I am sorry but I can't stand when someone says "Fully Loaded, except" key word, "except", that means it is NOT fully loaded lol. ..

Yes, but in this case, not having the moonroof makes it worth more, not less. Sorry you ended up with one. Keep it lubed. Clean the drains. Exercise it regularly. Watch it like a hawk. Keep a cookie jar full of money for when it fails out of warranty. At least it looks cool. Well, it would if anyone could see it. LOL

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Yes, but in this case, not having the moonroof makes it worth more, not less. Sorry you ended up with one. Keep it lubed. Clean the drains. Exercise it regularly. Watch it like a hawk. Keep a cookie jar full of money for when it fails out of warranty. At least it looks cool. Well, it would if anyone could see it. LOL

Sorry? Works just fine and never had an issue with it. Besides, I usually ride with my windows down, so no big need to
open the sun-roof as well but man, opening the sun-food blind and having the whole top exposed is such a luxury, especially on clear sunny days.

OP
OP
R

rman

Reaction score
So the dealer with the Lightning Blue with 39k is offering it at $60k, but offering me $6k on my trade in sight unseen. Private party is be hard pressed to break $8k.

Sooooooooooo tempted but I started looking at Super Dutys last night, which are my first love lol, and I think that’s the smarter move. Way more versatile, probably longer lasting, and it gives me time to pay down some bills and save up a decent down payment for one.

Still heads over heels for a Raptor, but something about the brute force of a diesel just screams “I’m compensating and I don’t care!”

Gotta make up my mind before end of day, but the smarter financial move is to hold off for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk