Looking at a low mile Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't blame you for keeping it at all! I could care less about tech, so this truck just fits exactly what I want in one. "What else would I replace it with for the price I want to pay" is kind of where I am at, at this point. That was the trade offer, they are going to straight up price that in the 40's retail LOL
I like tech in so much as I wanted more tech than my Land Rover or Jeep TJ. lol

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without fail whenever I bring my truck in for service I'd get trade in offers; this last time I took it in was the first time I got an offer of less than 40k. I'm at 78k miles right now. in 2021 I got an offer for 52k. Great deal but I love this truck.
I had to take our son's handicap Ram Promaster Dodge van in to get a few things fixed at the Dodge dealership early last year. I parked the Raptor in the front and by the time the wife and I got the service written up, there were four salesmen circling the Raptor. One of them asked me if I was ready to trade in for the new TRX. Told him absolutely, lets talk. I'll trade the Raptor straight up for the TRX in the showroom. Not one of them took me up on my offer. :mad:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to take our son's handicap Ram Promaster Dodge van in to get a few things fixed at the Dodge dealership early last year. I parked the Raptor in the front and by the time the wife and I got the service written up, there were four salesmen circling the Raptor. One of them asked me if I was ready to trade in for the new TRX. Told him absolutely, lets talk. I'll trade the Raptor straight up for the TRX in the showroom. Not one of them took me up on my offer. :mad:

Nd9GcSMEbkP-2xTzcKlZMfbndMB1rSze5K45zNotw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Salesmen when they think they see a deal.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without fail whenever I bring my truck in for service I'd get trade in offers; this last time I took it in was the first time I got an offer of less than 40k. I'm at 78k miles right now. in 2021 I got an offer for 52k. Great deal but I love this truck.
I’m only getting 33-35k for my roush supercharged with 76xxx miles.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't add up here, why would you change spark plugs and trans fluid, front and rear differential fluid with less than 10,000 miles on the clock? Even the air filter wouldn't need changing at that mileage! For someone that concerned about all those items needing done but never drives it just seems awful fishy to me.
I am the owner of this Gen 1 Raptor

The reason why I changed everything out is because when I purchased the truck in March of last year I wanted to know that all fluids were changed seeing that the truck was 8 years old regardless of the mileage.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Age. When equipment isn't being cycled that much, low hours/miles can negatively affect key components items more than use and maintenance otherwise would.

Yeah sure, you probably don't need to change the air filter, but why risk it being dry rotted when you're trying to sell it?

Oh and OP @Wolf33pack if it has rust in the cab corners, pass on it. Get your inspection, see what they say.
Thank you…

The reason why I changed everything out is because when I purchased the truck in March of last year I wanted to know that all fluids were changed seeing that the truck was 8 years old regardless of the mileage.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the research and truck. A mileage discrepancy is certainly a big problem. The screenshot ad says he dropped $15k recently in upgrades. Does he list all the upgrades? You can't run 37s on a stock Raptor, so he would have had to make some suspension modifications/changes. You need to find out what those were.

The truck is set to top pirch, and the 37’s do not rub.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mileage issue can be fixed in time. If you plan on keeping it for several years, then it shouldn't be too big a hurdle. If he deosn't want to fix the issue himself, then I'd offer at least $9,500 or so less since it's going to take your time to fix. If the seller says no, then walk away.

He's had that listed for quite awhile and it looks like the used car market will come down quite a bit with rising interest rates. He'll come around eventually. If he has an order out for a Raptor R, then it looks like he may be highly motivated to sell.

The mistake was on the DMV, which they admitted and I am in the process of fixing.

I am motivated to sell, due to my Raptor R arriving at the end of this month, however I don’t need to sell if it results in a massive loss. I purchased the truck in March of last year for $69k and am already taking a loss at 60k OBO.

Thanks

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont do it. Cant trust anyone who paints interior plastics anyways. There will be more... theres always more.

The interior plastics were wrapped by the original owner, they can easily be removed.

Please don’t make comments about not trusting people when you don’t know them, that is uncalled for.

I have full records of everything with this truck and am fully transparent with anyone who inquires about it.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The interior plastics were wrapped by the original owner, they can easily be removed.

Please don’t make comments about not trusting people when you don’t know them, that is uncalled for.

I have full records of everything with this truck and am fully transparent with anyone who inquires about it.
its a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.