Looking at a low mile Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seller went to CA DMV today...said it would be a six month process to fix the title issue...and he is not going to do it. Ugh. Basically they back dated the smog test date from May to March (the date of purchase) and there is a service with a LOWER mileage after the backdated smog test....

In spite of the tire choice and white interior wrap :)....the dealer said it was clearly a low mileage garage queen...I guess when I register it in my state the new mileage will appear with the Odometer affidavit, but I dont know if I want to have to explain all of this when I go to sell it...

Really wanted a low mile gen 1 though...
The mileage issue can be fixed in time. If you plan on keeping it for several years, then it shouldn't be too big a hurdle. If he deosn't want to fix the issue himself, then I'd offer at least $9,500 or so less since it's going to take your time to fix. If the seller says no, then walk away.

He's had that listed for quite awhile and it looks like the used car market will come down quite a bit with rising interest rates. He'll come around eventually. If he has an order out for a Raptor R, then it looks like he may be highly motivated to sell.

OP
OP
W

Wolf33pack

Reaction score
Got the copy of smog test that was used by the CA DMV…mileage on smog test matches what the DMV put in, but date DMV used is clearly wrong…

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that listing when it as $75k. The intoerior is cringeworthy. Id have to ask for a good discount since I'd have to remove all the trim that was painted white and replace it. If it was a white wrap on the interior I'd still ask for a discount.
The description lists "- Matte White Wrap (Original Color: White)". I assumed they were talking exterior. Maybe they did wrap the interior. Why wrap the exterior of something so low on mileage with basically the same color?

Mileage picture is 8066.5. Listing says 8500. O.P. said 9500. I understand mileage increases after listing on daily drivers but if I'm selling a "SUPER LOW MILES" type vehicle than I'm not driving more than in and out of garage, across the auction block,,,,,,.

Maybe someone typed 9500 at DMV when it was at 6500,,,,?

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seller went to CA DMV today...said it would be a six month process to fix the title issue...and he is not going to do it. Ugh. Basically they back dated the smog test date from May to March (the date of purchase) and there is a service with a LOWER mileage after the backdated smog test....

In spite of the tire choice and white interior wrap :)....the dealer said it was clearly a low mileage garage queen...I guess when I register it in my state the new mileage will appear with the Odometer affidavit, but I dont know if I want to have to explain all of this when I go to sell it...

You're already selling it before you even bought it. I only do that on investments. Is this an investment or a purchase? As an investment this truck is a bad choice with the red flags. As a purchase though it is simply overpriced.

OP
OP
W

Wolf33pack

Reaction score
How is a under 10K mile for $55K overpriced? Original owner was a dealer who wrapped all trucks Day 1…also Ford Dealer said it is almost impossible to screw with the odometer.

Just like in business sometimes you make decisions on imperfect information.

I appreciate everyones feedback!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So for $55K you are guaranteed for at least a decade to smile like an idiot everytime you fire up that big V8. And AFTER a decade it would be worth at least half of that. By comparison, what would a therapist charge you to gaurantee you smile like an idiot after every visit for the next decade? 20230104_210753.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is a under 10K mile for $55K overpriced? Original owner was a dealer who wrapped all trucks Day 1…also Ford Dealer said it is almost impossible to screw with the odometer.

Just like in business sometimes you make decisions on imperfect information.

I appreciate everyones feedback!
to put in perspective, when i bought my 2014 back in nov of 2013, i paid $53,500 for the truck, brand new. 9 years later and they are asking more than what the original purchase price, is a bit overpriced. this really isnt really a collector vehicle....... yet (maybe in the future?) so to me it seems overpriced

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to put in perspective, when i bought my 2014 back in nov of 2013, i paid $53,500 for the truck, brand new. 9 years later and they are asking more than what the original purchase price, is a bit overpriced. this really isnt really a collector vehicle....... yet (maybe in the future?) so to me it seems overpriced

That seems to be the market though.

150k miles = mid to high 20's
100k miles = mid to high 30's
70k miles = low to mid 40's

less than 10k miles... 60 and up...

This is, at least, what I remember when I was doing my shopping. I saw rusty northern trucks going for ridiculous money. Even a lemon title (not sure if that's even legal to sell?!) was asking above market. Doug DeMuro even did a video, not too long ago, about how these trucks were holding their value.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dont do it. Cant trust anyone who paints interior plastics anyways. There will be more... theres always more.

Status
Not open for further replies.