Looking at a low mile Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found the listing. No suspension mods which makes no sense for 37s and nowhere near $15k in upgrades. A few red flags already, I'd be really careful here.

A few red flags indeed. I can say tho that the Cai DMV has messed up reported millage 2 times on previous vehicles. Made my Bring A Trailer auction of the cars a nightmare. Spent days on the phone with Sacramento office getting it resolved.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few red flags indeed. I can say tho that the Cai DMV has messed up reported millage 2 times on previous vehicles. Made my Bring A Trailer auction of the cars a nightmare. Spent days on the phone with Sacramento office getting it resolved.
Buddy kept getting late registration notices for a car that had been registered in Michigan for over a year and he bought a house in MI. CA is something special. He had to call like 5 times and have the same conversation with them.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seller says running 37s on OEM rims is a problem but the tires are a neg 34 offset so no issues supposedly.

Quite the opposite. You can just about squeeze BFG 37's on the OEM +34 offset (mid perch recommended) but no way it would work with a negative 34. Not to mention I've never heard of such an offset. But seeing as he has Black Rhino El Cajon wheels those were only offered 20x9 +12 or 20x10 +00. And either size with 37x13.50 Toyo's is rub city. The truck does sit pretty high though. I'm guessing top perch or a strut spacer.

Last edited:

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buddy kept getting late registration notices for a car that had been registered in Michigan for over a year and he bought a house in MI. CA is something special. He had to call like 5 times and have the same conversation with them.
Same Chit moving from Ventura to Boise for me. Kinda not surprised. Everything in Cali is f*cked.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that listing when it as $75k. The intoerior is cringeworthy. Id have to ask for a good discount since I'd have to remove all the trim that was painted white and replace it. If it was a white wrap on the interior I'd still ask for a discount.

OP
OP
W

Wolf33pack

Reaction score
Seller went to CA DMV today...said it would be a six month process to fix the title issue...and he is not going to do it. Ugh. Basically they back dated the smog test date from May to March (the date of purchase) and there is a service with a LOWER mileage after the backdated smog test....

In spite of the tire choice and white interior wrap :)....the dealer said it was clearly a low mileage garage queen...I guess when I register it in my state the new mileage will appear with the Odometer affidavit, but I dont know if I want to have to explain all of this when I go to sell it...

Really wanted a low mile gen 1 though...

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seller went to CA DMV today...said it would be a six month process to fix the title issue...and he is not going to do it. Ugh. Basically they back dated the smog test date from May to March (the date of purchase) and there is a service with a LOWER mileage after the backdated smog test....

In spite of the tire choice and white interior wrap :)....the dealer said it was clearly a low mileage garage queen...I guess when I register it in my state the new mileage will appear with the Odometer affidavit, but I dont know if I want to have to explain all of this when I go to sell it...

Really wanted a low mile gen 1 though...
Don’t do it

Status
Not open for further replies.