Looking at a low mile Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf33pack

Reaction score
Guys - super low mile Gen 1 I am interested in buying - has 37s on a 17 inch wheel..two questions

1 - How do I validate the mileage and can Ford check this during the PDI?
2 - Seller says 37s are not an issue as they have significant negative offset...any thoughts on that? Seller says it was never off roaded, but still waiting on pics and PDI. With low mileage I am assuming that there wouldnt be excess wear and tear even with the tire size.

Thanks

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Something doesn't add up here, why would you change spark plugs and trans fluid, front and rear differential fluid with less than 10,000 miles on the clock? Even the air filter wouldn't need changing at that mileage! For someone that concerned about all those items needing done but never drives it just seems awful fishy to me.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't add up here, why would you change spark plugs and trans fluid, front and rear differential fluid with less than 10,000 miles on the clock? Even the air filter wouldn't need changing at that mileage! For someone that concerned about all those items needing done but never drives it just seems awful fishy to me.
Age. When equipment isn't being cycled that much, low hours/miles can negatively affect key components items more than use and maintenance otherwise would.

Yeah sure, you probably don't need to change the air filter, but why risk it being dry rotted when you're trying to sell it?

Oh and OP @Wolf33pack if it has rust in the cab corners, pass on it. Get your inspection, see what they say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wolf33pack

Reaction score
Carfax was run…there is a red flag on their from the CA DMV…basically saying mileage is inaccurate, however I have his bill of sale from the previous owner. Owner is going to the DMV today to get the issue addressed. I dont need a issue on the carfax when i go to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.