Looking at a low mile Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Age. When equipment isn't being cycled that much, low hours/miles can negatively affect key components items more than use and maintenance otherwise would.

Yeah sure, you probably don't need to change the air filter, but why risk it being dry rotted when you're trying to sell it?

Oh and OP @Wolf33pack if it has rust in the cab corners, pass on it. Get your inspection, see what they say.
Cab corners are a cheap repair. Had mine done. But would definitely lower price if needs to be done

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interior plastic paint, has NEVER looked good on any used vehicle I have EVER looked at... especially the krylon plastic fusion spray painters... :signs16:
And at that price, they could at least fix the dent in the lower front bumper lol
I am the owner of this Gen1 Raptor

The interior plastics were wrapped, NOT painted by the original owner. This can be easily removed if you don’t like the look.

The dent in the front bumper was existing when I purchased the vehicle back in March of last year for 69k; I did not fix it because my plan was to install aftermarket front and rear bumpers on the truck.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cab corners are a cheap repair. Had mine done. But would definitely lower price if needs to be done

See attached PDI Report from Huntington Beach Ford, showing a clean bill of health.

Attachments

• PDI 1-2-23.pdf
    916 KB · Views: 18

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been getting in the $5k range around IL. What are you seeing?

Although that is for full rocker replace because they won’t do just corners here as everyone comes back later for the rockers after!

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that listing when it as $75k. The intoerior is cringeworthy. Id have to ask for a good discount since I'd have to remove all the trim that was painted white and replace it. If it was a white wrap on the interior I'd still ask for a discount.

I purchased the truck back in March of 2022 for 69k. The interior plastics were wrapped by the original owner who also did the exterior wrap. Both can be easily removed.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Age. When equipment isn't being cycled that much, low hours/miles can negatively affect key components items more than use and maintenance otherwise would.

Yeah sure, you probably don't need to change the air filter, but why risk it being dry rotted when you're trying to sell it?

Oh and OP @Wolf33pack if it has rust in the cab corners, pass on it. Get your inspection, see what they say.

See attached PDI Report from Huntington Beach Ford, showing a clean bill of health.

Attachments

• PDI 1-2-23.pdf
    916 KB · Views: 4

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't add up here, why would you change spark plugs and trans fluid, front and rear differential fluid with less than 10,000 miles on the clock? Even the air filter wouldn't need changing at that mileage! For someone that concerned about all those items needing done but never drives it just seems awful fishy to me.

I am also the second owner and purchased the truck from the original owner back in March of 2022 for 69k, and at that time it had 7058 miles on the truck.

Because of being the second owner and the truck being 8 years old regardless of the mileage I decided to spend the money to change all of the fluids and and the spark plugs for piece of mind.

The truck is is pristine condition and the new owner will not have to worry about servicing the vehicle any time soon…

Ford of Huntington Beach also recently did a PDI on the truck issuing it a clean bill of health, which I will attach.

Attachments

• PDI 1-2-23.pdf
    916 KB · Views: 4

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been getting in the $5k range around IL. What are you seeing?

Although that is for full rocker replace because they won’t do just corners here as everyone comes back later for the rockers after!
I had a friend if mine do it for 1500. Just the cab corners. I now have more coin to do other stuff so yeh I'm now doing the Rockers plus alot if other stuff. Basically I'm doing a light restoration now

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ford PDI supported the mileage. Says it was the cleanest Gen 1 they had ever seen. Clearly had never been offroaded. They said they could put it on the showroom floor as new. Seller says running 37s on OEM rims is a problem but the tires are a neg 34 offset so no issues supposedly. Truck is wrapped and he wrapped the interior as well . I will go back to OEM size wheel and tires for sure. Not sure how long it takes to get the CA DMV to investigate the title issue but wont close on it till then. Also the 15k in upgrades very high. He got a Raptor R allocation from a friend in Oregon and that is why he is selling. I’m an auditor by training so my spidey senses are up but for 55k I’m going to stay in the process a bit longer. Need clean carfax for sure.
Sorry the sale didn’t work out. I’m working on getting the mileage cleared up with the DMV, however it may take a while because it cannot be done over the counter and has to go through Sacramento as discussed.

I’ll let you know when I get it cleared up, if I don’t sell it before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.