Looking At A Gen3 Tomorrow - Should I Buy It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ape318

Reaction score
So, I’m not really in the market for one. Awaiting my Wildtack Bronco 4 door to be built late November. Although my recent Bronco experience was full of wind noise and some hard top leaks.

I got a call from a buddy saying he has an 801A Gen3 that just landed and is available. Should be an MSRP deal. I do miss my Gen2 but I’m not sure what to do.

Would be lying if I said I had been following the market on these. Are these trucks that hard to get? Anything about them not sorted? Better options coming in 22?

What say you?
22 is the same truck from what I can tell from my order. There’s more flexibility with the options, but it doesn’t look like anything major will change.

Reaction score
I test drove a new Bronco, Outer Banks on 35's. It sucked. Period. Rode like ****. Cool design but I wasn't impressed. Just received my Gen3 Lead Foot. That beast is WAY BETTER!! Take the Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tons of great advice. I went to the dealership. The truck was amazing. Very similar to my Gen 2 in spec, but the newer materials looked great. And then they tell me there is a $20,000 markup. After a little bit of talk I leave without the truck. Told him I might move at 5k but otherwise no thanks.

So I will keep money in hand and wait for the right move.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tons of great advice. I went to the dealership. The truck was amazing. Very similar to my Gen 2 in spec, but the newer materials looked great. And then they tell me there is a $20,000 markup. After a little bit of talk I leave without the truck. Told him I might move at 5k but otherwise no thanks.

So I will keep money in hand and wait for the right move.
Guess you found out what good a buddy he wasn't.............