Looking At A Gen3 Tomorrow - Should I Buy It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

50 Deep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I’m not really in the market for one. Awaiting my Wildtack Bronco 4 door to be built late November. Although my recent Bronco experience was full of wind noise and some hard top leaks.

I got a call from a buddy saying he has an 801A Gen3 that just landed and is available. Should be an MSRP deal. I do miss my Gen2 but I’m not sure what to do.

Would be lying if I said I had been following the market on these. Are these trucks that hard to get? Anything about them not sorted? Better options coming in 22?

What say you?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
”Hard to get”…not if you’re willing to pay ADM. If they’re truly selling @ MSRP & it’s optioned to your liking then I say jump on it; you won’t be disappointed...get back in the game! Lastly, Ford only changed some of the packages making things a little more palatable, depending on your taste I suppose. For example, the blue recaros are a standalone option now, no longer married to the performance package. The moonroof & power tech are bundled together. Either act now or order a 22 if you can stomach the wait time and frustration that comes along with it. Just skim through a few posts. Good luck.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
So, I’m not really in the market for one. Awaiting my Wildtack Bronco 4 door to be built late November. Although my recent Bronco experience was full of wind noise and some hard top leaks.

I got a call from a buddy saying he has an 801A Gen3 that just landed and is available. Should be an MSRP deal. I do miss my Gen2 but I’m not sure what to do.

Would be lying if I said I had been following the market on these. Are these trucks that hard to get? Anything about them not sorted? Better options coming in 22?

What say you?
Will it be a daily driver? Bronco vs Raptor? Raptor hands down, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Raptor has way more room inside, with way more cargo space and just fun as hell to drive.
Yes, they are hard to get right now…..just like the Bronco (I have a 22’ Raptor and a Bronco on order). So, if your just thinking about buying and flipping….I personally don’t see it being worth your time after TT&L.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have both. Wildtrak is my wife's and she hates it on the freeway combination of the wind noise and the MTs... I've offered to swap out the ATs from the Raptor. Yes the Raptor does ride better and interior is more comfortable and more room. That being said I drive the Bronco everywhere.

A dealer in Waco offered us 8k more than we paid on the bronco and I think we can talk them up but they have nothing we want and the Yukon Denali they have listed for 89k used wasn't worth that new

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say if you can get it at MSRP, buy it and wait till your Bronco comes in to decide if you want to keep it. You won't lose money if you decide to sell it and go with the Bronco. It is not uncommon to hear 15k ADM right now and people calling 50 dealerships across the country trying to find and MSRP deal. They are out there, they are just the exception right now not the norm.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will gladly spend your 80k and say get it :p. But seriously, I have spent too much of my life not spending and only socking away money so at some arbitrary point in time I can spend it. Well I had flatlined 8-10 times in the course of 2 years (not from destructive or unhealthy lifestyle) So I now I treat myself and don’t regret it. Enjoy that truck you want

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What say you?
tough call, I go back and forth between wrangler/gladiator and raptor so somewhat similar comparison....I always miss the jeep come summer (nothing like doors/top off) and it certainly is easier as a DD for parking and such but the raptor is just awesome....I'm going back to a raptor now (ordered 2022) but really happy with my gladiator just I have 3 boys and it is getting tight as they get bigger

if you get at MSRP might bet worth just trying it out

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will gladly spend your 80k and say get it :p. But seriously, I have spent too much of my life not spending and only socking away money so at some arbitrary point in time I can spend it. Well I had flatlined 8-10 times in the course of 2 years (not from destructive or unhealthy lifestyle) So I now I treat myself and don’t regret it. Enjoy that truck you want
Man. Sorry to hear that. We have some friends who made way more money than we did a while back and—while I'm sometimes a spendthrift—they wouldn't even do relatively cheap things that we would do because they said they couldn't afford it. Well, they were putting away like 90% of their income. And I told my wife, that's awesome but if you don't do some things when you're young and enjoy your life what good is all of that money if you are unable to do things with it when you're old? Or even worse, like you said, something bad happens to your health even if you take care of yourself. Save money, for sure, but don't skip out on life experiences because you're saving for a future you might never see.