Looking at a 2010 Ford Raptor SVT with under 100k miles.. how expensive to maintain them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The truck looks great. If everything checks out then its a great truck BUT the financing is $399 for 75 months so 29k in total for a 2010 gen 1. Sure I can try to re-finance it at some point. I have been searching forever and finally found a 5.4 I like but damn this financing is not helping.
Put an extra $50 bucks the months you can, and it will cut 7 months in about 5 years.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you getting anything for the Ridgeline? If so, that works in your favor. Anything you can put down on the truck will help. Try a credit union for financing, they seem to have the best rates.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Are you getting anything for the Ridgeline? If so, that works in your favor. Anything you can put down on the truck will help. Try a credit union for financing, they seem to have the best rates.
I am getting 2k on top of what I owe. I just do not like it. I love the raptor. Its been a dream and I have been searching for a long time until I found this one. Has a 96 autocheck score also which is nice. I only have 1.5 years left of dental school then I can more aggressively pay it back. I am not using student loans to pay for it by the way. Its all personal cash

The only concern is the maintenance, I have the ability to cover it but i need to buy a second set of fox shocks so I can still drive the car when one set is being repaired. Used ones are hard to find or I am not good at finding them

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting 2k on top of what I owe. I just do not like it. I love the raptor. Its been a dream and I have been searching for a long time until I found this one. Has a 96 autocheck score also which is nice. I only have 1.5 years left of dental school then I can more aggressively pay it back. I am not using student loans to pay for it by the way. Its all personal cash

The only concern is the maintenance, I have the ability to cover it but i need to buy a second set of fox shocks so I can still drive the car when one set is being repaired. Used ones are hard to find or I am not good at finding them
400x74= 29,600
In 2028 how much is a 175k mile raptor going to be worth? Look up what a trade in would be worth currently. Did you get pre purchase inspection?

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
400x74= 29,600
In 2028 how much is a 175k mile raptor going to be worth? Look up what a trade in would be worth currently. Did you get pre purchase inspection?
So one with 185k miles for 18k, one with 150k miles for 21k, and another with 214k miles listed for 22k. 2 of those are 6.2L of the same year as mine. I do not want to sell this. Part of the reason I want to is that it is a gen 1 and i rather hold onto it than use it and trade it one day. More of an investment or just longer term fun vehicle to have.

And yes to the pre-purchase inspection. Car was barely used but well maintained. All fluids were replaced within last 1k miles. I just need to get a second set of fox shocks regardless

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So one with 185k miles for 18k, one with 150k miles for 21k, and another with 214k miles listed for 22k. 2 of those are 6.2L of the same year as mine. I do not want to sell this. Part of the reason I want to is that it is a gen 1 and i rather hold onto it than use it and trade it one day. More of an investment or just longer term fun vehicle to have.

And yes to the pre-purchase inspection. Car was barely used but well maintained. All fluids were replaced within last 1k miles. I just need to get a second set of fox shocks regardless
Listen, I’m gonna play devils advocate here because I don’t want to see you going to financial ruin over a vehicle that you’re emotionally attached to. Most of us here are a little more entrenched in our careers and thus have capital to spend on toys like a raptor but if you’re a budding professional your priorities should be building wealth through real estate and investments rather than a depreciating asset.

That being said, tell me about the ridgeline how many miles how much do you have left to pay off and how long was that loan?

As you can tell ive been listening to dave Ramsey

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Listen, I’m gonna play devils advocate here because I don’t want to see you going to financial ruin over a vehicle that you’re emotionally attached to. Most of us here are a little more entrenched in our careers and thus have capital to spend on toys like a raptor but if you’re a budding professional your priorities should be building wealth through real estate and investments rather than a depreciating asset.

That being said, tell me about the ridgeline how many miles how much do you have left to pay off and how long was that loan?

As you can tell ive been listening to dave Ramsey
No worries at all, I appreciate your insight. I really do. So it has 79k miles. It is a 2012 Honda Ridgeline Sport. It will be paid off in 3 years. Current monthly is the same as what the Raptor would be. Insurance is $15 more a month for the Ridgeline. I owe 14k for it and highest trade in offer is 16,500 for it. Loan was 48 months but I had a co-sign since I had limited credit basically when my wife and I got it. Now we have a joint of 738 and mine alone is 741. Interest rate for the raptor with zero down except for the trade in is 5.8% for 75 months. No co-sign needed anymore.

My wife is also the same year as I am but she's in medical school. I already have a practice lined up of where we are going so I have my contract signed so I know where my salary will be when I start in a year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Get a student loan. Pay for the Raptor with the student loan. Biden will forgive your debt. Then the rest of us can enjoy paying for YOUR Raptor!
haha I dont qualify for the student loan forgiveness or whatever Biden is offering. Starting is too high. I have income coming in from a small investment in a college rental I made with 2 other friends when we graduated and had some money laying around, so the raptor is not on loans. My loans arent terrible due to scholarship and the school I go to isn't terrible tuition wise.

I am just here trying to figure out this raptor dilemma I have from you guys who are a lot wiser and know much more than i do lol