Looking at 1rst gens and higher mileage with loan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thoughts anyone. Should I go for it? They are not budging from price siting they are a no haggle stealership

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you're asking about the black '13 with 105k, it looks completely stock (which is okay) and is nicely equipped. There is some rust on the outer tie rods, CV axles, and rear differential housing, but it's been in NH it's entire life so that's to be expected. Front shocks look newish from the pic they provided and carfax says it has 4 brand new tires. I would say go for it IF the rocker panels and cab corners aren't rusty. Plan on needing to change spark plugs and get tranny/diffs/transfer case fluids done soon. You should also see if the fuse 27 relocation has been done.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you're asking about the black '13 with 105k, it looks completely stock (which is okay) and is nicely equipped. There is some rust on the outer tie rods, CV axles, and rear differential housing, but it's been in NH it's entire life so that's to be expected. Front shocks look newish from the pic they provided and carfax says it has 4 brand new tires. I would say go for it IF the rocker panels and cab corners aren't rusty. Plan on needing to change spark plugs and get tranny/diffs/transfer case fluids done soon. You should also see if the fuse 27 relocation has been done.

Had to bail, with new job and no future insight into my salary I just couldn't make sure it would be feasible. I should know soon however the dealer was very non receptive about getting a PPI and defensive on a lot of things, I put a deposit down and then had to retract, obviously I apologized about that (Ive sold cars before) and he was a total **** about it. Probably dodged a bullet anyways. I'll wait to see what my job gives me for full-time salary and then decide where to go.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Anyone know much about this truck? Think I can get it for 29500? I asked about the wreck. Said it was a minor poll incident with fender flare but still reported.

asking for pictures of under carriage as well.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?atCarId=228bc9f3

I saw the damage report on the Carfax. With the damage along the ENTIRE passenger side (even so early in the ownership) is an issue. Others will argue it was still driven another 80K miles, but its still a red flag. Most importantly, the fact the dealer is hesitant to allow a PPI is the BIGGEST red flag. Best to walk away.

Why walk away? I had a similar issue regarding a PPI inspection with LA Auto Emporium in Los Angeles, CA. When they finally allowed it (onsite only), we found milkshake residue underneath the oil cap (a clear indicator of a blown gasket) which wasn't there when I first test drove it the week before. Don't buy off emotion and deals... stick to taking the right steps.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 8.49.11 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at a 2013 with 105. Some rust on the pinch weld area of the under cab. Avoid or worth fixing?6A0FECB3-4B31-455C-B838-114EE8BB56B0.jpeg6BBF19E3-FF02-470F-8D0E-DF80FF2E2F2B.jpeg 38795D90-11A6-42B9-AC39-CC54A4ED5B7D.jpeg 1A159804-C1D0-4057-84F1-FE01382A3CB8.jpeg 14343ABD-60B3-4DF9-B77E-A4811D08F0A9.jpeg

raciohurg

Reaction score
Have you found one? I am also searching to buy such a car. I got promoted at my job, and now I have more money, and I can pay for the mortgage and take a loan for the car. I always take loans whenever I want to buy something, even though I can pay the full price. Taking loans and paying them on time gives me a good credit score. It will give me a lot of benefits in the future.

Last edited: