Looking at 1rst gens and higher mileage with loan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we just got a second gen 1 last week. it was $33,500. it has 99k miles, but looks brand new. interior was well kept too. im currently in the denver area but prices seem similiar in other states except california. there are a few members here in your area that can show you what to look for. we bought this from a land rover dealership. when they parked it out front my friend and i spent 30 min looking it over. funny seeing peoples faces as we are lying on the ground under the truck inspecting it. but this one was pretty darn clean. just needs spark plugs, but im doing that soon. if you decide on a truck, make sure its been serviced and theres no rust or damage. some trucks we looked at were cheaper, but had issues so we passed on them. just make sure you inspect it good.

What year is it? Thanks for the advice as I have been looking underneath the ones I come across. How much is excessive rust though? The white crew cab up above had some small rust in corners on the front part of the frame where the ADD bumper was attached. I didn't get fully underneath it. That dealer is trying to charge like 3k in dealer fees though so I ruled them out for that bs.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is it? Thanks for the advice as I have been looking underneath the ones I come across. How much is excessive rust though? The white crew cab up above had some small rust in corners on the front part of the frame where the ADD bumper was attached. I didn't get fully underneath it. That dealer is trying to charge like 3k in dealer fees though so I ruled them out for that bs.
we got a 2013. as far as rust, surface rust on the frame will always be there. but its rust on the body that will be damaging and expensive.

Citizen Park

Reaction score
Was in the same boat as you until I picked up a ‘13 Screw Terrian with 105k miles from Walker Chevrolet in Franklin, TN two weeks ago.

Had a PPI done which included a compression test, transmission/transfers case, all suspension, etc.

Run away from any type of body rust. Avoid 3+ owners.

If your looking to buy a low priced Raptor, be careful. You might get what you pay for :( Be careful!

I saw over a dozen ‘great deal’ ones... all had major problems, especially the transmission.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was in the same boat as you until I picked up a ‘13 Screw Terrian with 105k miles from Walker Chevrolet in Franklin, TN two weeks ago.

Had a PPI done which included a compression test, transmission/transfers case, all suspension, etc.

Run away from any type of body rust. Avoid 3+ owners.

If your looking to buy a low priced Raptor, be careful. You might get what you pay for :( Be careful!

I saw over a dozen ‘great deal’ ones... all had major problems, especially the transmission.

What did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking.

I will be getting a PPI done no matter what, not going to hesitate there.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we just got a second gen 1 last week. it was $33,500. it has 99k miles, but looks brand new. interior was well kept too. im currently in the denver area but prices seem similiar in other states except california. there are a few members here in your area that can show you what to look for. we bought this from a land rover dealership. when they parked it out front my friend and i spent 30 min looking it over. funny seeing peoples faces as we are lying on the ground under the truck inspecting it. but this one was pretty darn clean. just needs spark plugs, but im doing that soon. if you decide on a truck, make sure its been serviced and theres no rust or damage. some trucks we looked at were cheaper, but had issues so we passed on them. just make sure you inspect it good.
I have a 10 Scab 6.2 with 99k miles and would sell it for $32k but not any less.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. We are entering a period of inflation, might become hyperinflation. The dollar is not what it used to be and everything you will buy will take more dollars. Used cars included. Surely, as a builder you have seen lumber prices recently, unless you are not privy.

The only silver lining, if you do take out a loan on another car, at least your cost is fixed as far as payments go. You may look up in a year and your 25k Raptor may be worth 50k. lol.

Just last week had the dealer call about my Gen1. It has 109k on it. Gen1 will surely go up in value.

I got mine at 93k for $35k almost 2 years ago. I also had to immediately put new shocks, brakes, plugs, wires and tires on.

Probably $5k because of deals I found on this site - thanks guys/gals!

The dealership I got it from didn’t give a duck about dropping price because of those needs, but even now it looks like I would be out a grand or two even after 10k miles added.

If you get a Gen1 don’t ever sell it. Like @GCATX said, value could double quite literally.

Herk91

Reaction score
Just last week had the dealer call about my Gen1. It has 109k on it. Gen1 will surely go up in value.

I got mine at 93k for $35k almost 2 years ago. I also had to immediately put new shocks, brakes, plugs, wires and tires on.

Probably $5k because of deals I found on this site - thanks guys/gals!

The dealership I got it from didn’t give a duck about dropping price because of those needs, but even now it looks like I would be out a grand or two even after 10k miles added.

If you get a Gen1 don’t ever sell it. Like @GCATX said, value could double quite literally.

I just bought a 14’ Screw with 79k mikes on it. I e been over every inch of this particular Raptor and found zero issues. I have $34k for mine. Traded a 14’ Tremor for this truck.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 14’ Screw with 79k mikes on it. I e been over every inch of this particular Raptor and found zero issues. I have $34k for mine. Traded a 14’ Tremor for this truck.

Hell of a deal! I would be happy to spend under 28k for something around 100-110k miles for a 2011-2012,