Look what I found!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hole in the Desert....
IMG_1232_zps78faa94d.jpg

Yeah I went in nose first.... Sorry not pic of that was to busy trying to figure a way out. I happy to report that my two friends and co-workers were out of the car and busting there ass off to get me out of this mess. I was a single vehicle on this trip but it can be difficult to find people to hit the trails when I can. Well this is a reason why you should not travel alone and without anyone knowing where you are going or how you are getting there. I let family know where I was going and the trail I was taking. We had a radio repeater lined up and were in constant contact, even after the "OH SHIT" moment. My buddies and I where able to spend the next 60/90 minutes getting my ass out. We gather rock after rock to put under the tires for traction and it work. Luckily it was only about 90 degrees with a nice breeze at the time. This was on the Power line road between Barstow and the 127 out of Baker.

So lessons to learn from this. Always let people know where and how you are going to get there; Don't go alone; have plenty of supplies; have the proper gear; and pack as much luck as you can carry.

IMG_1231_zps1d9b233f.jpg

IMG_1233_zps7c6b93c2.jpg

IMG_1234_zps7143815b.jpg

IMG_1235_zps049f8b24.jpg

IMG_1238_zps7ab0a858.jpg

IMG_1242_zps30742238.jpg

If we couldn't get it out one of us would have to hike all the way to guys from Fort Irwin in the distance to help us out. hehe. I'm thankful I have great friends and co workers and for that hand of God to not letting anything get damaged as it could have been severe.

Last edited: