Longevity and Reliability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
It appears the 3.5 EB has some major problems with cam phasers. Will there ever be a fix or is it cheaper for Ford to replace the same design cam phasers throughout the warranty period, without pursuing a permanent fix? And then stick the customer when it's out of warranty.

I daily drive my 2019, and plan on anywhere from 15k to 20k miles annually. I was hoping for a reliable vehicle that could easily do 150k without anything besides routine maintenance, like my last 4 GM trucks. However, it looks like some of the Gen 2 Raptors are having cam phasers replaced every 20,000 miles.

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but am I expecting too much? I know forums usually inflate negative issues, but it still seems like major engine issues are way too common with the 3.5 EB.

How many relatively trouble free miles is everyone think is reasonable... 25k, 50k, 100k, 150k, etc?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Seriously? Every 3rd post here is about cam phasers and it looks like you have been a part of several.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want durable, dependable power, over a term of many years, I suggest you look at a truck equipped with a 6.2L V8, just saying...