Long winded Gen 1 VS Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HK92

Reaction score
If I were you and had the funds for both Gen 1 and 2, then I'd go with Gen 2 hands down. The aluminum body will serve you well in MN. Also, it's faster and handling and suspension is more refined than Gen 1. The technology in Gen 2 is leaps and bounds ahead of Gen 1. The mpgs are also better in Gen 2. IMO the only advantage Gen 1 has over Gen 2 is the V8 sound and the classic look (which I personally prefer). Other than that, I suggest going with Gen 2... you won't regret it.

FYI I'm a Gen 1 owner. ;)

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you and had the funds for both Gen 1 and 2, then I'd go with Gen 2 hands down. The aluminum body will serve you well in MN. Also, it's faster and handling and suspension is more refined than Gen 1. The technology in Gen 2 is leaps and bounds ahead of Gen 1. The mpgs are also better in Gen 2. IMO the only advantage Gen 1 has over Gen 2 is the V8 sound and the classic look (which I personally prefer). Other than that, I suggest going with Gen 2... you won't regret it.

FYI I'm a Gen 1 owner. ;)
I also think the Gen 1 seats are a bit more plush, nothing wrong on the gen 2 (except maybe the lumbar support), just tad firmer.

HK92

Reaction score
I also think the Gen 1 seats are a bit more plush, nothing wrong on the gen 2 (except maybe the lumbar support), just tad firmer.
Oh yes. The Gen 1 seats IMO are much more comfortable and durable than Gen 2. Tbh I actually think they are one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat on - in a vehicle of otherwise.

Nonetheless I'd still buy the Gen 2 all else considered.