Long winded Gen 1 VS Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JT, It looks like you now have a Gen 3. I have a Gen 1 and was looking at the Gen 3 (37). I love the V8 sound and not sure I can afford the R with the ADM fees. How do you compare the Gen 1 to the Gen 3.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JT, It looks like you now have a Gen 3. I have a Gen 1 and was looking at the Gen 3 (37). I love the V8 sound and not sure I can afford the R with the ADM fees. How do you compare the Gen 1 to the Gen 3.
Gen 3 sounds better than the old droning 6.2 all day. Test drive a Gen 3 before making a decision; the non-R Gen 3 and Gen 2 are also worlds apart from the Gen 1 in performance.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 3 sounds better than the old droning 6.2 all day. Test drive a Gen 3 before making a decision; the non-R Gen 3 and Gen 2 are also worlds apart from the Gen 1 in performance.
Yea, this sounds horrible…..

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, this sounds horrible…..

That’s clearly a highly modified Gen 1, and it still has a ton of rasp. Factory Gen 1’s never even had dual exhaust. The 6.2 is 2V iron fleet engine, but it was all that was available for the G1 Raptor aside from the 5.4.

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s clearly a highly modified Gen 1, and it still has a ton of rasp. Factory Gen 1’s never even had dual exhaust. The 6.2 is 2V iron fleet engine, but it was all that was available for the G1 Raptor aside from the 5.4.
Just giving you a hard time. My engine/exhaust/etc is pretty stock with the exception of a 20” dirty deeds and it sounds pretty good, and actually isn’t really raspy. Dirty deeds runs a helmholtz and honestly I don’t really even have any drone.