Long tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what gen Raptor you are working with, but I went with the full Kooks (true dual) setup, and I would not recommend it. After two years mine has fallen apart and broken in a few different places. Kooks is impossible to get a hold of - go ahead, try to call them.
My two issues:
I had to swap out the resonator X-pipe section a while ago since it fell apart inside. They did warranty that, but I wound up paying a chunk in shipping. This took quite a lot of calls trying to get a hold of someone and get it taken care of.

My Kooks muffler full on broke at the output section. Their stuff is pretty flimsy for offroad applications. I eventually had to have a muffler shop weld in some Magnaflow mufflers since I can't even get a hold of Kooks to honor their warranty. They simply don't answer the phone and don't call you back.

Thumbs down on Kooks unfortunately. It did look nice before it turned into a rust bucket after about a year - and I'm in Denver, not the rust belt. It does sounds just fine. Oh yeah, I constantly have to tighten the rusty *** bolts holding the headers to the pipe. I need to get some better hardware in there, but for the Kooks price you'd think you would get nice stuff.

OP
OP
thegrays

thegrays

Reaction score
I don't know what gen Raptor you are working with, but I went with the full Kooks (true dual) setup, and I would not recommend it. After two years mine has fallen apart and broken in a few different places. Kooks is impossible to get a hold of - go ahead, try to call them.
My two issues:
I had to swap out the resonator X-pipe section a while ago since it fell apart inside. They did warranty that, but I wound up paying a chunk in shipping. This took quite a lot of calls trying to get a hold of someone and get it taken care of.

My Kooks muffler full on broke at the output section. Their stuff is pretty flimsy for offroad applications. I eventually had to have a muffler shop weld in some Magnaflow mufflers since I can't even get a hold of Kooks to honor their warranty. They simply don't answer the phone and don't call you back.

Thumbs down on Kooks unfortunately. It did look nice before it turned into a rust bucket after about a year - and I'm in Denver, not the rust belt. It does sounds just fine. Oh yeah, I constantly have to tighten the rusty *** bolts holding the headers to the pipe. I need to get some better hardware in there, but for the Kooks price you'd think you would get nice stuff.
Honestly surprised the most expensive of the bunch would have problems, kooks with mid pipes are north of 5000$ while I got my SW for 1300$

OP
OP
thegrays

thegrays

Reaction score
My two issues:

What was cost of installation shops around me are insane lowest I was quoted was $900 all the way up to 1600$ SW long tubes and mid pipes on gen 1

OP
OP
thegrays

thegrays

Reaction score
Have the kooks long tubes w/kooks cats and borla cat back. No drone in cab exit behind tire.
I went with SW headers and mid pipes into a corsa extreme, scared once installed I will get some drone. How much did your installation cost lowest I was quoted was $900