Long travel options/reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on a long travel kit for my Gen 1 and am torn on what option to go with as it’s hard to find good objective info on these kits. I’m looking at either the Baja kits/brenthel long travel race kit, or the blitzkrieg long travel race kit. Blitzkrieg has awesome customer service and tech help and I have talked with another owner of their kits and he loves it, but does anyone else have any feedback on one vs the other?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on a long travel kit for my Gen 1 and am torn on what option to go with as it’s hard to find good objective info on these kits. I’m looking at either the Baja kits/brenthel long travel race kit, or the blitzkrieg long travel race kit. Blitzkrieg has awesome customer service and tech help and I have talked with another owner of their kits and he loves it, but does anyone else have any feedback on one vs the other?
I can second the customer service part. Nate at Blitzkrieg is awesome.

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck getting a hold of BMS on the phone lately.

My top three kits are SVC, Baja/Brenthal and BMS.. But I have reputable sources that RPG is kicking around an entirely new kit.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would shy away from Baja Kits and RPG as they have bump steer like it's cool.
BMS Kit isn't a huge name in Raptors but their kit is very very nice
HM Racing is another option for L/T kits and the one I would choose after driving a truck with this kit.

If you have questions in particular please let me know.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one thing to consider is the axles. not sure how deep you want to go into it (or how much money you want/are willing to spend) but some of the kits require longer front axles. Some do not and the only longer ones are pretty pricey (in the $1800 range i think)

so just make sure you are comparing apples to apples in what you want and will need

Last edited:

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one thing to consider is the axles. not sure how deep you want to go into it (or how much money you want/are willing to spend) but some of the kits (i believe RPG does) require longer front axles. Some do not (I believe SVC uses stock) and the only longer ones are pretty pricey (in the $1800 range i think)

so just make sure you are comparing apples to apples in what you want and will need
If you increase track width/travel on a IFS you will need longer axles.

Most kits seem to either include the axles and you swap you cv joints over or you buy axle assemblies from day RCV.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you increase track width/travel on a IFS you will need longer axles.

Most kits seem to either include the axles and you swap you cv joints over or you buy axle assemblies from day RCV.

gotcha. maybe im thinking of some of the "mid travel" kits. sometimes in my head they are all "long travel" as they are longer than stock. I think some of them do use stock axles, but yeah, looks like some come with parts.

but that still needs to be accounted for in the cost. the RPG kit does not come with longer brake lines or axles. but it looks like the blitzkreg kit comes with axle parts. so even though the RPG kit looks like its a few hundred less, in the end, it'll be almost $2k more.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gotcha. maybe im thinking of some of the "mid travel" kits. sometimes in my head they are all "long travel" as they are longer than stock. I think some of them do use stock axles, but yeah, looks like some come with parts.

but that still needs to be accounted for in the cost. the RPG kit does not come with longer brake lines or axles. but it looks like the blitzkreg kit comes with axle parts. so even though the RPG kit looks like its a few hundred less, in the end, it'll be almost $2k more.
Agreed it does need to be accounted for. The RCV’s are quite expensive. I will say though at first swapping the cv’s was a huge pain, but I figured a few tricks out and it isnt too bad now, just a little messy.

The naming is confusing because no one sticks to the same terms lol.

I have a Blitzkrieg mid travel. It is plus 2, came with plus 2” axles. It is hard to measure actual travel numbers with the foam bumpstop on the coilover but it pulls about 14”, best I can tell. Vs 11.1 stock.

For what it is worth some companies don’t call anything long travel until you center mount and then you have rpg selling B.O.L.T. Kits.

I kinda think of it like this, but understand everyone is different so I listen for details when discussing.

Kinda what I have put together: Stock raptor is a midtravel F150 and adding travel to a stock raptor would be long travel. So kits like mine, SVC’s, RPG’s, etc would be a “non-race” long travel and a “race” long travel would would have you cut the upper shock mounts/UCA mounts off and run say 10” shocks. I personally wouldn’t refer to a center mount/j arm or beams as “long travel” in conversations because I feel like that is implied/obvious.