Long Term Feedback Hellwig Rear Sway Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says... I'm considering installing a Hellwig 7743 Rear Sway Bar on my mostly street driven Raptor and wanted to get some feedback from long term users. Any issues, noise, etc.. When I did a search on this topic the threads that popped up weren't updated or not very detailed.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sway bar is a simple device that rarely causes any problems once it's been correctly installed. I put the Hellwig rear bar on my 19 Raptor about a week ago and it definitely improves handling in corners and on curves. I read another post about a similar install and the OP mentioned that he originally put the end links in the outer most hole in the bar and then moved them to the center hole for better handling. I did exactly the same thing - the center hole in the bar end seems to be the sweet spot for improved handling without harming ride quality. I don't anticipate being off road with this truck so the bar only enhances it's road manners - I don't see a downside to it.

The Raptor bar install is exactly the same as a regular F-150 install, so there are plenty of videos and similar posts on the F-150 forums to refer to. Once installed, you should be good to go for at least 100K miles without problems or maintenance to be done.

OP
OP
Hagasan41

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and review! Exactly what I was looking for. I installed a sway bar on my previous truck and it definitely made a difference; good to hear it does the same for the Raptor.

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on this Hellwig Rear Sway Bar. They are showing a #7783 for the Raptor which is 3/4". the regular F-150 is 1" but says it will fit. Wondering how your #7743 1" diameter handles? Thank you

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 7743 bar does a great job controlling sway on curves. You can push the truck pretty hard on highway ramps and other curves without understeer and squealing tires. It's a good choice for on road driving. I don't see any downside to it.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, what he said ^^^^. I’ve had mine on for several thousand miles plus a cross country trip. It’s certainly isn’t a cornering machine, but it is very nimble for a 3 ton vehicle and “feels” great. I run in 4A always.

OP
OP
Hagasan41

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had mine on for a couple of thousand miles or so but there is a noticible improvemnt in handling. It's not a "handle on rails" type improvemnt, but does allow for quicker transitions and taking highway on ramps with more confidence. I ended up painting the brackets with 2K black chassis paint prior to install as the factory finish is cheap. Looks good with the Ford Performance Differential cover too.

IMG_2844.jpgIMG_2846.jpg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much for mods but being a street queen I’m thinking this could improve the driving experience. Also maybe it would help with the thing chewing through front tires between rotations.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see another mod in my near future.
Has anyone used the Hellwig 7783 Raptor specific bar ?
Why did everyone go with the 7743 ?
No offroading and wanted max effect ?
Perhaps I will call them to discuss.