Lomax reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beaker

Reaction score
I really need to get a tonneau cover on my truck before I move to the East coast. I've read a fair amount about the Lomax covers, but I haven't seen much on here recently about how people actually like them. What do you like, and what do you not like about he Lomax covers? I previously had a Chevy Avalanche that had the best cover you can get (in my opinion) which was 3 separate and individually removable parts. I havent seen anything like that for the Raptor, but the Lomax seems like its easy to take on and off, and relatively secure and water-resistant. I would love to get a Diamondback, but occasionally use the bed for bigger stuff and want something reasonable to remove. I dont need ROCK SOLID security, but something that'll keep normal people out, and keep things relatively dry.

Anyone have any big input on why or why-not to go with Lomax? Thanks!

jraptor33

Reaction score
I got the lomax. Pretty solid n doesn’t leak water. Has good room n doesn’t take up space in the bed like the retractable covers

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a Lomax. I've been happy with it. Mine does leak a little bit either from the front against the cab or the tailgate around the tailgate step. I don't usually have anything in the bed, so it isn't really a concern, though I wish it was leak-proof.

It is also very easy to take on and off. I've done it several times when I needed to haul larger loads in the bed.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• Lomax.jpg
    Lomax.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Lomax2.jpg
    Lomax2.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 78

970rap

Reaction score
I have the Lomax and like it. Functions as intended and easy to remove when needed. I liked it over some of other options because it doesn't use drain tubes, which I didn't want to have to install or worry about getting clogged. Mine is definitely not waterproof, but is highly water resistant. Mine clearly lets water in in the corners of the bed, especially where the tailgate meets the side of the bed and there is a rather large gap. I don't see this is a problem with the cover itself - I'm not sure how you'd expect a cover to seal over that. In heavy rains/washings it drips some water down the bed sides in spots, but there is no pooling or anything.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I have one and it leaks a bit (not horrible). But it looks nice and is holding up well. I love how easy it is to pull off completely.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Lomax as well. It’s been on the truck well over a year now and is solid. It’s water tight and seals good. I like the flush low profile fit and the matte textured finish. It weighs only 50lbs but is all solid metal construction. It folds back nicely and comes off and goes back on in a minute or two as others have mentioned. One person can do it all.

Pricing is generally very good on these covers too. They also make them for Weathertech.

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a lomax and have been happy with it. I previously (on a different truck) had a bakflip MX4. I would buy both again.

Overall, I think the bankflip is a nicer tonneau cover but it is more expensive (about $400 more if my memory is correct). It seals better and sits flush. It folds up so that about 95% of the bed can be used. Downsides to the bakflip is that is not easily removable and you have to drill drain holes.

The Lomax is nice enough, sits about 1/4 over the bed of the truck (not flush) because it rests on the rails. The top is a nice powder coating material but the sides are left bare metal and can be a little sharp. I really like that it is easily removable by one person. This allows for 100% bed access and, more importantly, doesn't block your rear view vision when using the whole bed. I installed it myself and it was an easy installation.

Neither one is 100% waterproof. They both leak a little.

Security wise...I would give the edge to bakflip but only just barely. Neither one will stop a determined thief. They are more thief resistant than thief proof. Either one will keep normal people out.

If I were to do it again for the cost I got the Lomax at I would buy the lomax. If I could get them at the same price I would buy the bakflip. (One note on Weathertech cover...it is identical to the lomax but has weathertech pricing. In other words, you will more likely get a deal on the lomax.)

Last edited:

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly really happy with the Lomax. Installed in less than 2 beers. Had my brother help for about 10 mins. I’ve only noticed a few drops of water creeping in at the back end of the bed once or twice. I take it through a car wash that has pretty powerful sprayer and it’s dry inside when it comes out. And yes, I do check every time. And yes I did it today before I saw this post haha. I don’t think you can beat it for the price and quality. Made in the USA too!