Lomax cover - How did you adjust if it leaked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my truck in the rain for the first time since installing my Lomax bed cover and it leaked along the tailgate and the front of the bed near the cab. I figured this was a possibility as I'm new to trucks and installing bed covers...

Some of that may have also been due to the fact that the valet parked it facing downhill in the rain...but regardless I don't want it to leak, period.

I've seen several posts about adjusting the bed cover and I'm just wondering what you guys adjusted. Did you change up where or how the clamps were positioned?

Thanks in advance!

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed mine I just left the rails flush with the top of the bed rail, instead of raising them up enough for automatic tailgate to open. It’s a tight enough fit that I make sure to open the top before closing the tailgate so I don’t damage the seal. When I close it all up, it takes a little force to latch it.

Along the front I used weather stripping that I bought at Home Depot.

I used to check on water ingress after it rained, but there never was any so now I don’t bother. The stuff I do leave in the bed all the time lives in plastic totes that are strapped down to the front.

OP
OP
dblack

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lomax sells a weather strip that you can add to stop tail gate leaks.
That's good to know.

I just looked it up and it looks like the seal is for the sides and bottom of the tailgate, but mine was leaking from the top.