Locking out gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it definitely was a removal. but that all happened before all these recent removals from one year to another with the same model. it was in the original design. my guess is that they didn't see a good place to put it on the display since its all digital now or all about the money.. who knows. but a fail in my opinion. plus when they designed the new gear shifter the button wasn't carried over. again. it wasn't necessarily a removal it was omitted in the design. money or they figured it wasn't necessary. either way I miss the display for who knows why. but the locking out the gears should have never been eliminated.

all assumptions on my part no doubt. guess well never know the real reason.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s because they have geeks for engineers that probably have never been off-road or driven a Raptor. Most have Tesla and Prius or metro transit, all are urban folks. If they knew we drove them on dirt, they would protest.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s because they have geeks for engineers that probably have never been off-road or driven a Raptor. Most have Tesla and Prius or metro transit, all are urban folks. If they knew we drove them on dirt, they would protest.
I think you void the warranty by going off pavement. Seriously. When they take manual mode away you will know that the last farm boy who worked for Ford has left the company in disgust.

OP
OP
McCarthy

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brain child of the Raptor left ford after the Gen 1, just saying.

The new trucks are light years ahead of the Gen 1's, and i'm still puzzled how in the hell the engineers got the 5 link past the bean counters with it being unique to the Raptor. My guess is it will be in way more F150's (non raptors) in the new gen.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The new trucks are light years ahead of the Gen 1's, and i'm still puzzled how in the hell the engineers got the 5 link past the bean counters with it being unique to the Raptor. My guess is it will be in way more F150's (non raptors) in the new gen.
That guy is a resident Gen 1 cheerleader; he’s stuck in the past and lives in his own ignorance. His posts vary between obnoxious and comical; he’s best ignored when possible.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO, another round of coolaid for my friends. The 5-link is the only advancement in offroad capabilities that has come foreward since the gen1. Gen2 and gen3 are seen more as a status symbol filled with gadgets to entertain one during urban dashes to the local starbucks. Full screen car play was just introduced in the latest software update so you got that going for ya.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO, another round of coolaid for my friends. The 5-link is the only advancement in offroad capabilities that has come foreward since the gen1. Gen2 and gen3 are seen more as a status symbol filled with gadgets to entertain one during urban dashes to the local starbucks. Full screen car play was just introduced in the latest software update so you got that going for ya.

No, just another troll post from the Gen 1 fanboy who chooses to live in his own little ignorant bubble. And nobody wants to be “friends” with a Sasquatch.

This thread is about paddle shift in the Gen 3. It has absolutely nothing to do with your 13 year old truck. You’re trying to validate your insecurities by trolling the owners of the newer trucks that outperform yours by miles in every regard. That’s the only reason you’re in this thread.

As far as “advancement in off road capability”, at least the G2/G3 trucks can get airborne without bending the frame in half. Stop trying to derail this thread as you have with done with countless others due to your superiority complex.

Last edited: