Locking out gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my other F150s one can lock out gears (to keep the truck from bogging at 1200rpms around town or on slower highways) simply by clicking down on the shifter- the raptor has not buttons for that, and while the paddle shifters are great, I lock out 8-10 whenever i'm in town but don't always want to shift myself. How do I do this on a Raptor?

OP
OP
McCarthy

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This can’t be done on a Raptor.

Whoa. What a bizarre feature to not have on the flagship... Super useful offroad as well. I'm sure most won't care but that's actually something I really liked.

Last edited:

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure it doesn't exist on the gen 3's. Try using the downshift paddle to activate it and see what happens.

OP
OP
McCarthy

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure it doesn't exist on the gen 3's. Try using the downshift paddle to activate it and see what happens.

I hope it does haha!

I tried using the downshift paddle in drive, it just shifts down a gear and then after a few seconds goes back to shifting it self, I also tried it in park and it doesn't do anything I can tell. Also tried pulling both paddles at the same time Ferrari style and it didn't work either.

Come to think of it how the hell do you get it to display what gear it's in? Old trucks were just click the + button once on the shifter?