Locking in the price after ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoooman

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum and first time buying Ford truck! Thank you all for the great info.

I just ordered the 22 Raptor today. I was fortunate enough to find a dealer with '22 allocation and offering at MSRP. I put down $1k deposit, sent them a DL few days ago and today they were able to put my build into the Ford system. Also got a confirmation email from Ford today.

The question I now have is how do I lock in the MSRP pricing that they are offering? I don't want to wait all that time to find out the dealership will put an ADM last minute when I go to the dealership to pick up the vehicle. Also, it's an out-of-state dealership so I would have to fly there. (I've read many horror stories from Bronco community)
I have an email from the sales person saying they are not going to add markup but I assume that is not enough.
I've read I should get a DORA from the dealership but do I need anything else from them such as Buyer's Order or Purchase Agreement? Can/should I ask for those docs?

Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
H

hoooman

Reaction score
Signed build sheet with pricing (By both you and the dealer)
Is build sheet same thing as DORA?

Since everything is done by email, when you say "signed both by me and the dealer", does the dealer sign first and then I sign or other way around (I sign, and dealer sign and get the copy back)?

Sorry, these might be stupid questions as I've never custom ordered a vehicle before and I have trust issues :/

OP
OP
H

hoooman

Reaction score
Your signed order has the price, at least mine does, msrp.
The thing is they haven't sent me anything to sign. No order sheet, no buyer's order, nothing. I just had to send the build spec I want, deposit, and a copy of DL.
Is this a red flag? Did anyone have similar experience?