Locker down or Console vault ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can those combo things be picked easily? I had a bike chain with a similar locking system as a kid and a friend’s older brother picked it in less than two minutes. He simply rotated the first digit while gently pushing and pulling the lock until it got a little easier or looser. Then repeated the same thing for the other digits in a row until it opened.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure, but if the scumbags want in and have the time, they will find a way. At the end of the day, the console is plastic so a large crow bar would probably do the trick, this should just slow down most of them.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I realize that it could be ripped out with force if somebody had tools. But if a valet could pick the lock easily, there would be no sign of forced entry and it would be a he said/she said kind of situation if something was missing.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fair point, I am not sure how pickable it is. I chose faster access to it but it is probably more secure with a key.

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just moved a Console Vault over from my 250 to my new Raptor. You can install it to allow the use of a tray, if desired. There is some adjustability on the height of the top plate. it's possible to lower it enough to allow the tray to fit. I tried it, and it worked fine. Just be sure to keep the top level or the door may stick.

RWE

Reaction score
I got the same one as TXCobra and added the 3 digit combo. Had the console vault in my gen 1. They both do the same thing at the same quality as I can tell. One just costs $100 less.

Bulldog17

Reaction score
Ordered a lockerdown. Installed in 15 minutes . Got the 4 digit combo lock. Had some trouble with the lock, numbers sometimes wouldn't turn easily. Called Bobby Newell. He told me a few different things to try, didn't work. Called Bobby back, he said he will mail out a new (free) lock and to throw out the old lock. The reason I went with lockerdown is I read about their good customer service. I would wish other companies would stand behind their products as well. Needless to say I recommend this safe. It would time to get into this safe. Most smash and grabs aren't going to take the amount of time needed.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for a gen 1 what do you recommend? Any way to keep usb ports and power port?

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for a gen 1 what do you recommend? Any way to keep usb ports and power port?

On a Gen 1 you can order a Lockrdown with an external USB port. I loved it on my Gen1's and it was one of the first things I ordered on my Gen2. Great product.

13324-gen2-locker-down.jpg