Locked Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i guess they give you 3 other ways to not lock yrself out so i guess you need a 4th? No spare key, no ford pass, no keypad pin …cmon man.

OP
OP
J

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well i guess they give you 3 other ways to not lock yrself out so i guess you need a 4th? No spare key, no ford pass, no keypad pin …cmon man.

yea i was definitely embarrassed about all the ways i could easily get out of the situation if i had my phone in my pocket, or knew the code. Luckily i wasn't far from home and my wife brought the spare key, and threw it on the ground as she drove off laughing.

Steve1001

Reaction score
So yesterday I stopped briefly to rearrange something in the bed. Got out of the truck and went to open the tailgate, which was locked. Went back to the driver door, also locked. Truck was running, keys and phone were inside. Never learned the door code (yes I know it now and have also programmed my own new code). Just wanted to share in case anyone else experienced this and had a solution and/or wanted to document an occurance.

2020 Raptor - 802A
there is a key as part of the FOB if you have access to the second FOB or in my case I had the primary FOB in my hand but it would not unlock the door - I took the key out of the FOB and opened it the old fashioned way....

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago my gen 1 did that to me while target shooting in the desert. It sat there happily running with the doors locked, and yes I also hadn't memorized the door code. A two mile walk to the house to get the wife's keys got me back in. So yeah, this isn't something new.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a mystery why the doors locked in the first place. Unless the truck is moving the doors don't automatically lock. Something else is at play here.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a mystery why the doors locked in the first place. Unless the truck is moving the doors don't automatically lock. Something else is at play here.
It's the cloud attached to the silver lining of tech. If it isn't a software bug, it's a stray alpha particle ... I've noticed a handful of weird one off errors happen in mine. They never repeat, so we shrug them off. But they're in there, waiting in ambush.
Edit:typo

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm… I tried locking my ‘20 and was getting frustrated cause it wouldn’t lock!!! Then realized my key was in cup holder. I didn’t think you could lock it with key in cab in “park”. It auto locks when driving so car jacker not gonna open at the light.
I did the same thing. My fob was in my jacket and I had taken my jacket off and tossed it in the back seat. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out why I couldn't lock the truck.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the same thing. My fob was in my jacket and I had taken my jacket off and tossed it in the back seat. It took me about 30 seconds to figure out why I couldn't lock the truck.
You can intentionally lock the keys in the truck by holding down the bottom two buttons on your door pad. I think it's the 7-8 - 9-0 buttons, my gosh I've used it for years that I stopped paying attention to what they are labeled!

My wife never carries her keys, she locks them in every time. I used to complain that if thieves ever got in it's all over, but if the 2015 Escape get's stolen, then we are going to a Bronco, so I started suggesting she do it ALL the time. :biggrin:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can intentionally lock the keys in the truck by holding down the bottom two buttons on your door pad. I think it's the 7-8 - 9-0 buttons, my gosh I've used it for years that I stopped paying attention to what they are labeled!

My wife never carries her keys, she locks them in every time. I used to complain that if thieves ever got in it's all over, but if the 2015 Escape get's stolen, then we are going to a Bronco, so I started suggesting she do it ALL the time. :biggrin:
Of course, now is the time you find out she has a very unhealthy attachment to the escape and she’ll never lock those keys in ever again with that vehicle.