Locked Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I stopped briefly to rearrange something in the bed. Got out of the truck and went to open the tailgate, which was locked. Went back to the driver door, also locked. Truck was running, keys and phone were inside. Never learned the door code (yes I know it now and have also programmed my own new code). Just wanted to share in case anyone else experienced this and had a solution and/or wanted to document an occurance.

2020 Raptor - 802A

Roscoe S

Reaction score
I remote started mine the other day through the FordPass app, the doors will lock automatically. Key fob was in the truck and never learned the door code either. Went to unlock it through the app and it just app was non responsive. This went on for about 5 minutes before I rebooted the app.

OP
OP
J

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I thought you could not lock the truck with FOB in the cab? Interesting!
I thought the same! I've even exited the truck while it's running, key inside, and when i go to shut the door it locks before i can shut it, preventing it from closing. if this isn't a standard safeguard feature i may have some issues.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So yesterday I stopped briefly to rearrange something in the bed. Got out of the truck and went to open the tailgate, which was locked. Went back to the driver door, also locked. Truck was running, keys and phone were inside. Never learned the door code (yes I know it now and have also programmed my own new code). Just wanted to share in case anyone else experienced this and had a solution and/or wanted to document an occurance.

2020 Raptor - 802A
As far as the computer knows, you're in your truck at a stoplight. You don't want to unlock the door when a carjacker grabs the handle, do you? I keep telling you guys that keys are a superior solution. Maybe Ford will start including them in the high end package and charge extra for them. :)

joemichael

Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 that locked me out. I was in west Texas on a camping trip. Turned the truck off and left my keys in the cup holder. I stepped outside to take some photos and when I went to go back inside the doors were locked.

I just got the truck and didn’t memorize my door code and there were no locksmiths in the area since it was remote. No cell reception either.

I had a roof top tent mounted over the bed so I grabbed a tent rod and used it to slide into the door jamb and press the unlock button. I had to hold the unlock button down for about a minute before it activated.

Now I’ve memorized my door code because that sucked and luckily I had access to something that I could use to break into my own truck.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm… I tried locking my ‘20 and was getting frustrated cause it wouldn’t lock!!! Then realized my key was in cup holder. I didn’t think you could lock it with key in cab in “park”. It auto locks when driving so car jacker not gonna open at the light.