Locked Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In digging through the goodies that came with my Raptor Wednesday, I found a plain silver key. Perhaps a valet key. I think I am going to get a good magnet box for it and attach it well hidden outside the truck.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we rent a car in BFE on a holiday weekend and stop to swap drivers..... Rental car so both keys cabled together. With keys way too big to fit in pocket we left them on console. Wrong answer moose breath. Car locked up engine running while we were walking around. Two hours to get locksmith. Bad juju.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for sharing your semi-horror stories. Great reminder to keep keys in your pocket whenever possible.

My memorable key trouble was my own fault. My 2015 CTS-V Coupe had an ingress/egress drivers seat that moved all the way back when the door was opened. I get in one morning and close the door, and the seat moves forward, and keeps moving forward. And keeps moving forward. My knees are spread apart, but still my knees are being forced into the bolsters on the dash. I’m about to scream when the seat finally stops moving. It turns out my wife had set a memory seat location as I told her to do. She didn’t understand to set her memory location using her key fob, not mine.

Yes, she is blond.